What's new

What's Cooking, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
$IMG_0471.jpg

Last night's steak just about to go in the oven for 15 mins

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Oriental corn soup for lunch. Busy day so strangely no pictures. There are dozens of recipes on the internet but what I do is:

2 Cans of creamed corn
1 UHT box of chicken stock
a few drops of sesame oil . . . maybe a 1/4 tsp
a few dashes of soy sauce
Bring to a boil at medium high
whisk in 2 eggs
thicken with 3 tbsp of corn starch diluted in 3 tbsp of water
Garnish with some chopped green onions
Ground pepper to taste.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
You are not wrong there mate! That one was 848g of beefy goodness.

Wow- almost 30 oz.

I just started some black eyed peas. I have never made them before. I was going to look up recipes and just decided to wing it. I added the juice of 2 limes, 2 cans of chicken stock, garlic, rosemary, pepper, a bunch of cilantro, salt pork, and a splash of apple cider (it was an impulse buy while I was getting the cilantro and lime). Maybe not traditional, but it sounded good. Getting ready to mix up some cast iron corn bread.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Hey Owen, looks good bro. Did ya put some hot sauce on that?
It was very good, I impressed myself. I had a bowl without, then one with Cholula. I found I added enough good spice that the Cholula wasn't needed. The cilantro and garlic really shone.

Cooked up some chicken et al for fajitas. Nothing too fancy, just wanted something quick to test out the new pan :thumbup1: used up the last of my chipotle rub, I need to order more chillies!

$fajitas.jpg

There's a little sticking as the seasoning is still developing, but I'm really happy with it. Especially that I went for the 12" as it's perfect for evaporating and stopping dishes like this forming from their own soup

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom