What's new

What's Cooking, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was about an hour. Started at 350 for 45 min or so, then bumped it up to 400 to finish and get the browning on the outside. Had my probe thermometer inside, pulled it just above 150, then let it rest for about 10 minutes, until the temp stopped going up, which was 160.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Great work guys :001_tt1: tonight I'm using up a chunk of juniper cured pork belly I've had in the freezer forever. I think it'll end up in a sauerkraut and bean soup

It's been quiet, so here's a no-crust Quiche Lorraine with homemade mini lardons. The wife and my one-year old loved it.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 170
first time doing pastrami from scratch. Tasted good right off the smoker. I'll steam it for an hour or two tomorrow for sandwiches.

Attachments

• $photo(203).jpg
    $photo(203).jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 154
Whole beef shank stuffed with bone marrow and rosemary, braised in red wine, vermouth, and broth.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 149
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 150

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Multi tasking.

Cooking some dark red beans for making chilli a bit later today and Magnolia café gingerbread pancakes (used soy milk instead of buttermilk).
$Multi Tasking-1.jpg$Multi Tasking-2.jpg
$Multi Tasking-3.jpg$Multi Tasking-4.jpg

That risotto looks awesome. I just hung up 5.5lbs of kielbasa to dry for 24 hours before I cold smoke it for a day or two. Also got some rye bread proofing and pork scratchings cooking, it's been a busy day!

Braised Pork ribs with Onions and apples served with Homemade kruate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom