What's new

What's Cooking, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mushroom and potato stuffed pork chops. This is really my first attempt at anything more difficult than a steak. Tasted pretty good, but the potatoes were a little under done. I'll have to slice them a little thinner next time.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I should have taken some better pictures, there is actually a pork chop in there somewhere lol

Ha, I knew the chop was there. Taters are great in any meal. They just need more seasoning because of the bland taste. Salt is not the always the answer. Garlic, thyme, curry or even Rosemary can make taters great.

Ha, I knew the chop was there. Taters are great in any meal. They just need more seasoning because of the bland taste. Salt is not the always the answer. Garlic, thyme, curry or even Rosemary can make taters great.

These had a little oregano, garlic salt, and onion powder mixed in with cheese, mushrooms, and melted butter to constitute the filling. The only reason that there was any on top was because I made too much filling lol. Luckily I can repurpose the leftover uncooked mushrooms and potatoes for breakfast. I'm thinking fried potato slices and mushroom & cheese omelets...

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I agree, but i am a salt hater so take that into account.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
The wife is having her gall bladder removed next Thursday so until then the doctor has placed her on a liquid shake diet. He suggested Atkins shakes for her. She asked if that was for one meal day and he told her it was for every meal until the surgery. No food at all. That's just wrong!
So, to be a good partner and to help her through this tough time, I am going food less with her.
So no more steaks and grapefruit pies for 8 days.
So nothing's cooking at our house.
You guys should join us.
marty

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Hope your wife gets better, Marty. I took mine to the ER, they think she had a mini stroke. Luckily no damage, they just need to find out why so they can fix it.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
As shall pray for you and your wife Owen. That is brutal. We shall be fine.

$IMG_0540.jpg$IMG_0541.jpg

NYE dinner at home - Beef Wellington. No matter how often I make it, the pastry always falls apart... Tasted pretty good though.

Mike H

Instagram Famous
Black Eyes Peas soaked overnight then added to a pot with smoked ham and rendered pork fat. After a couple hours...

$IMG_7310.jpg

Last edited:

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
New Year's day first meal of the year was bacon...I hope it's not all down hill from there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom