What's new

What's Cooking, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Delicious !
My first pasta and beans soup. Very easy to make, and it is what I would call a "budget meal". We all enjoyed it very much.

Our version of a Salmon Pot au Feu. I suppose I should have cut the salmon with a knife instead of being a little rustic and breaking it in half.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 77

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
The beauty of cooking a batch of something on the weekend.

Fresh today bok choy in ginger and garlic, weekend's aloo gobi, with yesterday's hummus (garlic for me and no garlic for SHMBO) and naan from the local store as we ate the rest of what I made on the weekend as a part of breakfast.

$Left overs etc (1 of 1).jpg

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
The beauty of cooking a batch of something on the weekend.

Fresh today bok choy in ginger and garlic, weekend's aloo gobi, with yesterday's hummus (garlic for me and no garlic for SHMBO) and naan from the local store as we ate the rest of what I made on the weekend as a part of breakfast.

View attachment 530907
Looks good. I am going to have to try everything you have posted here.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
If this doesn't bring the mods out, I don't know what will.

A soft beef taco. Homemade taco seasoning, avocado, cherry tomatoes and grated Mexican cheese. Chili infused flour tortilla. Last but certainly not least, Deadly Hot sauce(thanks Chris)...oh, and water.

$IMG_0530.jpg

Last edited:
A sick little girl needs her soup. I put four quarts on reserve. Three will go in the freezer.

By the way, I appreciate these freezer quart containers. Much cheaper than tupperware and very useful.

$image.jpg

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
After an an afternoon of car shopping we stopped into a newly opened Mexican food restaurant just down the street from my home. The hot sauces were outstanding and freshly made. The Mexican Martini's were intoxicating. Fajita nachos and bacon wrapped shrimp.

$image.jpg

Tonight I'm testing out Luke Nguyen's recipe for Vietnamese roasted pork belly, which I'll serve with garlic and lemongrass fried rice

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
French toast made with Challah bread (heavy cream, honey, vanilla, a little orange juice and zest in the batter), sausage, scrambled eggs (fried in the sausage grease) topped with Big O's Hot Stuff. Will post a pic in a minute- it's on the phone.

Attachments

• $20141221_125506.jpg
    $20141221_125506.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Last night's roast chicken and veggies, also quinoa salad with pecans cranberries and pears.
Making stock with the bones right now, planning on either pot pies or chicken and dumplings with the leftover chicken tonight.
$photo-7.jpg

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
After an an afternoon of car shopping we stopped into a newly opened Mexican food restaurant just down the street from my home. The hot sauces were outstanding and freshly made. The Mexican Martini's were intoxicating. Fajita nachos and bacon wrapped shrimp.

View attachment 532434
looks great. I do the shrimp with a slice of bacon, a very thin slice of chicken breast, and then olive oil and roasted garlic and herb dipped shrimp. Wrap em up, stick a cocktail stick in them, and throw em on the pit.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
French toast made with Challah bread (heavy cream, honey, vanilla, a little orange juice and zest in the batter), sausage, scrambled eggs (fried in the sausage grease) topped with Big O's Hot Stuff. Will post a pic in a minute- it's on the phone.

Incredible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom