What's new

The Score! Great Outdoors Edition

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Tell us about your most recent Great Outdoors acquisition.

Got a photo? Even better!

I got lucky enough to receive an arc'teryx gamma sv jacket the other day. Fits a bit short in the waist but can't wait for this -20 stuff to break so it can get some use.

A couple Christmas Gifts that will get used a lot this camping season.

My 8y old told my wife "I know what I want to get Daddy...one of those big knives, not a folding one, because I saw him looking at them at Cabela's". We had been there a month or two earlier, looking for non-knife multi-tools for the kids and I was looking at all the knives, taking pics etc.

She was a little worried I wouldn't want it, but when I opened it, I couldn't have been happier. Not only with the knife (Gerber Big Rock Camp Knife), but the fact he remembered and thought of it all himself. :biggrin1:

$5015-144_BK000_view1_390x390.jpg

Oh yeah, picked his up too. A Nova Craft Pal Kevlar/Spectra canoe with Ash Trim. It's still at MEC hanging on the ceiling, but it's ours (Green is the only difference)

$WX1017-990.jpg

Last edited:
Xmas Present, Boker Ceramic Carbon Fiber, frankly the sharpest lightest knife I've ever seen, just gotta be careful not to drop it. Pretty too, I've never had a knife before that could cut a store receipt with no friction.

$boker-ceramic-01bo036-large.jpg

My Black Friday purchase Gerber Air Ranger, ho hum actually, decent size but not overly impressed by it.

$Gerber-45860-rw-38996-47068.jpg

Last edited:

Legion

Staff member
Not sure whether to post this here or in the Speakeasy. Heck, I'll post it in both.

A wine bottle carrier for the bicycle. I was in the LBS picking a some spokes (man, I go through those things like crazy lately!) and I saw, and I couldn't resist.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Not sure whether to post this here or in the Speakeasy. Heck, I'll post it in both.

A wine bottle carrier for the bicycle. I was in the LBS picking a some spokes (man, I go through those things like crazy lately!) and I saw, and I couldn't resist.

I actually could have used that back in the summer! I rode my bike to a friends house and stopped at the store for some brews on the way. Picked up a bottle of wine for them too - "A gentleman never arrives empty handed"
It was pretty darn awkward ridding with a 12pk of beer and a bottle of wine.

On a whim I decided I haven't gone camping in a long time and I need to. I bought a tent, backpack and sleeping bag for now. I got a Kelty Redwing 50, North Face Aleutian 35 degree sleeping bag, and a Eureka Tetragon 2 person tent. I didn't honestly do a ton of research but I got the three of them for 150$ shipped on clearance and they all seemed to be along the lines of what I want to do. I think I'd like to get back to doing some 2-3 night hiking trips. I just moved to North Carolina so now I just need to find some buddies to go with.

$pDSP1-11767285dt.jpg$pDSP1-10214904dt.jpg$pDSP1-14811680dt.jpg

Thanks, I actually canceled the sleeping bag and got the 20 degree one. It's about the same weight and essentially only ended up being a couple dollars more. I'm getting excited. I also ordered a Casio Pathfinder off Amazon so hopefully I can put that to some use.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
That's great stuff Clint! I haven't been camping since....2012? I miss it dearly!

So today my wife got a little mad when she found out that I purchased the sleeping bag, tent, AND backpack. She said I need to slow down a little since I don't even have a camping trip planned in the near future. Unfortunately I made an order on Amazon last night that consisted of 26 camping-related items. I'm going to try and get something planned before the UPS boxes start arriving.

Haha your wife sounds like mine, don't they understand you have to be fully outfitted to plan to use the items???? Haha very joking there.

A Fathers Day gift from my family.

Fenix HP15 Orange/Yellow headlamp. It's been on my want list for a while and I had kind of forgotten about it, but can't wait to use it camping:

$8_HP15_LED_Headlamp_Yellow_500__10328.1387161122.1280.1280.jpg

Top Bottom