What's new

Acquisitions Monday July 17th - Sunday July 23th

I'll start off the week , 9 o Clock in the morning the courier woke me up. ring ring..
I could barely see thru my eyes and sign the paper.

My agent sent me on friday arrived today :

-5000 derby blades.

Free Monster products

-Arko Stick
-Arko sensitive shave cream (orange pack)
-King Aftershave Balm (german made)
-Mildeen sensitive DEO
-20 pack batteries

saturday my STIHL chains arrived bought thru ebay. 2 pieces and the files bar guides to file them properly.

roughrider said:
Can you post a picture of the 5,000 blades when you get them?

Changed my text a bit perhaps it was confusing, no the blades are here already, just have to figure out what the best way of reselling them and envelopes..etc..etc. sorry no digital camera yet ill get one.. its just a big carton box with 50 packs.

Just finished working night shift so I got up late in the afternoon. I should have checked the mail first. When I got out to the mail box I found my order from St. Charles Shave.

Bamboo Sugar Scrub.
Cool Lime shave soap in the stainless bowl.
Bottle of B&B Bay Rum with a Twist.
Free! B&B Bay Rum with a Twist shaving soap! :biggrin:

I placed my order at 4:00 AM Friday morning and it got here on Monday afternoon. Outstanding service! :w00t:

I can't wait to see what next month's scent will be.

Nick

SSLStudio said:
I'll start off the week. . .saturday my STIHL chainsaws arrived bought thru ebay. 2 pieces and the files bar guides to file them properly.

Ahem, Rene. . .I know you have a tough beard, but don't you think this is a bit of overkill?:wink:

IMG_2478_1_1.JPG

T&H Grafton, Trafalgar and (another) Limes

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I never post here. I have no idea why.

This was a slow week, but I did score two nice str8s, even though I got sniped off of another two I really wanted.

I have around 500 blades, and all of a sudden I'm stockpiling straights. There's gotta be something wrong with me.

Okay so I'm hooked...Ebay deal. But I need you guys to help me identify this model and year...

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

A little observation I had this morning after using this razor:
I was thinking how lucky I was that some businesses still compete in this shaving market with the old stand-by stuff. Usually the mgmt. knucklehead's don't see large margins and they end up killing a good thing. I would venture to say that is the evil that spawned the cartridge system (the engineers are always the enablers). The safety razor far out performs the cartridge system (IMO). A machine can squirt those things out in the millions at fractional costs. So those mgmt. Momos choose the larger margins or whatever helps them meet their performance quotas and the rest of the world suffers with crappy shaves (or products). I can't imaging that the segment of us DE users could actually be that large...? But I'm glad that we are here and that someone notices our value and trys to make a profit off of us... and our addictions.

Would it be possible for someone that has the knowledge to put the date codes of gillette razors in the FAQ section? It has to be one of the most frequently asked questions here!

Check here.

As this is not a B&B-produced resource we really can't include it on our pages, and its not time or cost effective to replicate it if the info is already out there, but I do agree that its a valuable source of data.

mrob said:
Check here.

As this is not a B&B-produced resource we really can't include it on our pages, and its not time or cost effective to replicate it if the info is already out there, but I do agree that its a valuable source of data.

Thanks Mitch, I have two vintage Gillettes on their way, one from the US and the other from Germany, it'd be nice to date them.

Score O' the day:

- 2 SR101 brushes (to be given as gifts to groomsmen in my upcoming wedding)
- 5 60mL Nalgene containers so that I may have more SC variety (but less of each product) while I travel for the next month or so.
proxy.php
the ones I have are on the bottom, second from the right.

I received my samples from T&H just now- very nice .

Ultimate comfort sc /1805 sc /shave oil / aftershave balm and 5 colognes

Just going to have to put it on the pile... this research is such a chore!

:biggrin: :biggrin:
Jim

[Mod edit: moved to the correct thread]

Wow... two scores in a single day. The FedEx truck showed up just before 5:00pm bringing treats from MenEssentials*: T&H Ultimate Comfort Pre-Shave Oil (a part of the gift to groomsmen);T&H Ultimate Comfort AS balm; and Baxters facial scrub.

* I was a little disappointed with the samples though... ME is usuallly great with samples but this time they gave me only a small sample of Baxters scrub (which I purchased so I didn't really need a sample) and a small sample of the baxters face wash (which, I suppose, will go well with the scrub)... perhaps I just expected too much from them because they have been so generous in the past.

Top Bottom