What's new

NOS Gillette US Executive Set With Rarely Seen Outer Shipper

Wish you folks at B&B a Very Happy & Prosperous 2014!

A few months ago, an eBay seller had listed six NOS US Gillette Executive sets and sold them in a span of two weeks. I asked the seller how they came across six such sets at the same time and amazingly, they'd purchased all of the six sets in a garage sale still packed in the original Gillette cardboard box!! I was lucky enough to win one of the sets and happy to present it to the B&B brethren.

The NOS Executive with the usually seen light brown / beige inner shipper, and the rarely seen light grey/green outer shipper. The printed words in the outer shipper say "One Gillette Executive Razor with 50 Gillette Blue Blades", ensuring the authenticity of the outer shipper:
proxy.php

The Ostrich leather case, in the inner shipper and with the outer shipper close by:
proxy.php

NOS razor, price tag, unopened blade container, instructions sheet and the insert mentioning about reserve supply of blades behind the mirror:
proxy.php

NOS razor and the unopened twin 20 blade packs behind the mirror:
proxy.php

Close-up of the NOS razor. The razor is incredibly shiny & the TTO mechanism squeaks when used, as is typical of true NOS razors:
proxy.php

Close-up of the razor head, again very shiny:
proxy.php

It is a beautiful set and is one of the best sets in my collection. Due to the rarity of this set, it will stay NOS.

What a wonderful set! My sincere congratulations!

Thanks a lot for sharing these pictures, indeed.

Due to the rarity of this set, it will stay NOS.
OK, this one really deserves to stay unused. It is so complete and well preserved, even its shipper looks like new!

Seeing this makes me sad...but I still enjoy looking:biggrin1:. You should have bought the box that all of them came with, kind of a weird part of Gillette collectibles but hey. Great pick up Dhilip

Last edited:
Fantastic set. Thanks for sharing it here with us at years end. But I guess it is already the New Year for you!!!

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 425

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
Could you show a close up of the spare blades behind the Mirror? Those are usually missing unless you find a set like yours. I have seen them with Blue Blades, but since the main one is cream I have often wondered what is really there.

That is a Sweet set. :drool:

Top Bottom