What's new

Toggle Toggle, Toggle Toggle goes the Turkey

This is the weirdest thread I have read in all of 2013. To say that it is filled with bizarre non-sequiturs would be a big understatement.

Anyway, I replied to this post because I thought it was the funniest of them all (let me Toggle that for you). Congrats, here is your Emmy.

FWIW, I pretty much agree with Inferno. A Toggle is a very cool oddity. I have one that is in very good condition (not mint). At the time I bought it, I paid 100% of retail. It is probably worth slightly more now. I keep it mostly because I need a few really cool high-value items in my collection. I have shaved with it exactly one time.
As for value, Toggles go up and down (just like DRs), but mostly up ...

You sound like a politician, come agree on one, up or down......

I think that the difference between collectibles and razors is purpose. Very few items that are in the collectible category are used on a daily basis. Shaving is something that is very personal and people are always looking for the best possible shave.

Think what one commercial featuring Rick from Pawn Stars has done. It has generated more talk than we would have ever imagined. If just a small portion of the people try wet-shaving and stay, the numbers have the potential to be significant.

I would say a safe bet on toggles will be around the 400 to 500 mark. A Braun razor is around the 250 mark and we all know the cost of multi-blade systems. Granted a toggle can break, but a vintage razor will last another 50 years with just a little TLC.
I agree, last night a plain Jane Toggle without a case went for 400 bucks and 45 plus bidders.....a plain no case Toggle $400 bucks.....then few moments later a Nickel set in average condition almost hit 1000 bucks.

Alex,

My U-G-L-Y broken Toggle is coming your way in the mail tomorrow for you to work your magic. I warn you, one look at it and you may give up toggles forever. But if you bring it back to life, and after I have it replated....well, the before and after shots may well restore your faith in humanity..... and toggles.
I fixed a cement shut , old rusted out, non adujsting, crudded with green crap , Toggle and made it work at a 95% function rate for one our members. He works as a cop at night so he may not chime in. But he was happy when i fixed for him and saved another Toggle....So bring it on, I'll have a look at her and try to save her too.

Depends on the time of day.

proxy.php

This is the weirdest thread I have read in all of 2013. To say that it is filled with bizarre non-sequiturs would be a big understatement.

Anyway, I replied to this post because I thought it was the funniest of them all (let me Toggle that for you). Congrats, here is your Emmy.

FWIW, I pretty much agree with Inferno. A Toggle is a very cool oddity. I have one that is in very good condition (not mint). At the time I bought it, I paid 100% of retail. It is probably worth slightly more now. I keep it mostly because I need a few really cool high-value items in my collection. I have shaved with it exactly one time.
As for value, Toggles go up and down (just like DRs), but mostly up ...

This thread is not weird .......
proxy.php

OH, I thought you was a CEO, my bad:laugh:......what if you see a Slant for 600?
I will see that slant go to someone else. I have limits that I rarely exceed. My collection of SL/Jewels often had me going over my limit, but not excessively so. I love slants, and I want some Leresches; however I won't go cazy trying to acquire them.

I agree, but I would go a little beyond reasonable for an all metal double or open comb three piece. However, both of those seem much rarer than a Toggle.

Gents,

There is a toggle I'm vaguely interested in, but two details trouble me. I thought I'd run my issues by the experts here:

1. The razor is an F4. Wouldn't a true nickel toggle be either serial numbered or a D1? I thought by the second run in 1960 that all the variants had been eliminated and all D4s were gold and the standard configuration.

2. The photos don't show a black band below the adjustment mechanism or just above the toggle. Is this an indication of replating?

I'm just wondering if he has a replated D4 gold toggle that he thinks is a nickel toggle?

Any thoughts are welcome.

Thanks!!

The regular Toggles have a different stopper design.....
proxy.php

Nickel Toggle stopper
proxy.php

Top Bottom