What's new

Sometimes I shave with canned shaving gel/cream.

I dunno what the big deal is, but sometimes I don't always prep my beard with the trusty shaving soap and brush. I find that the canned Gillette shaving gel or shaving cream works fine. In fact, sometimes I find that the gel works a little better than the brush and shaving soap. But I know, I know, I broke the cardinal sin... "thou shalt not use anything in a can to shave with." But I really don't mind it. Works for me.

If it works for you, go for it. The canned goo really dries out the skin on my face, hence me preferring to not use it

I don't think there is a cardinal sin to be broken really speaking, as long as your getting a close comfortable shave and it works well.

Cheers,

If it works for you, go for it. The canned goo really dries out the skin on my face, hence me preferring to not use it

I don't think there is a cardinal sin to be broken really speaking, as long as your getting a close comfortable shave and it works well.

Cheers,

+1 - Whatever works for you.

That being said, you can have my Trumpers and my TOBS when you pry it ... never mind, you just can't have it :tongue:

-Ray

Polod, nobody is going to burn you at the stake, so use what you fancy. Once I shifted over to a cream/soap and brush, I knew I'd never go back to goo. I'm will to spend the extra few minutes to lather up, tho.

-- John Gehman

I still use Edge/Gillette gel once in a while. It dries me out a little & makes my face kinda tight but I can get a passable shave with it. I usually reserve it for travel.

If it works for you, use it.
I prefer a brush cream or soap because you get so much lather out of a very little amount which makes relathering very easy. Plus it's easy to start with warm lather and keep it warm through the whole shave.

Top Bottom