What's new

straight razor sharpening

Ok, here's the deal. I bought a shave ready straight razor but I think it might not be as sharp as it can be. I used some sharpening cream on my strop and well, stropped it but I don't think it's at its full capacity. There's a chain store in my area called "Le centre du rasoir" (The razor center) and they sell various things with blade like, DE razors, cartridge razors, along with other non related stuff and they have a sharpening service. Do you think it would be a good idea for me to get them my razor to sharp it or I should go with someone here on the board who do that?

I would need independent verification of the chain store's sharpening ability. Lacking that, I would go with someone here.

Centre du Rasoir will most likely not sharpen it right. The only thing good about them is the deal they have on Henckels razors. Those too are sold "shave ready" but I know for a fact they are not. I've honed a number of them from CdR for members in Quebec and Ontario.

I'm local and can hone your razor. So as to avoid a price war, I'll pm you my rates.

Top Bottom