What's new

Favorite Cheesecake Flavor?

I'm a huge cheesecake fan. I try to keep some around at all times. I've always gotten Original but I think it's time to spread the love. What other flavors should I consider getting? I was looking at Eli's Cheesecake in Chicago and Junior's Cheesecake in Brooklyn. So many flavors... :001_wub:

I find myself extremely partial to lemon cheesecake, plain cheesecake with fresh blueberry sauce, and any sort of chocolate-y cheesecake.

I like chocolate chip cheesecake. But, I've never tried peanut butter cheesecake, if it exists. We had pumpkin cheesecake a few years ago at thanksgiving and it wasn't too bad.

Cheesecake IS cheesecake. Philadelphia Cream Cheese and a sour creme topping. Everything else is NOT Cheescake.

It's like Margaritas, they shouldn't come frozen in 47 flavors.

'Nuff said! :mad3:

For most things relating to sweets I like chocolate...however, when it comes to cheesecake, I like it plain.

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
Telly..

I like the Strawberry and Cherry Cheesecakes from Juniors. SInce your here in NYC thats the only way you can get the versions they offer here. THe mail order versions arent quite the same.

Ive heard alot about the Red Velvet Cheesecake. I plan on going to Juniors tomorrow.

Cheesecake IS cheesecake. Philadelphia Cream Cheese and a sour creme topping. Everything else is NOT Cheescake.

I am partial to blueberry, but the man definitely has a point!!!!

Well, technically if you still use Philly cream cheese (which was invented in NY by the way), it's still cheesecake. Sour creme is not necessary because the first cream cheese cheesecakes were made in NY and original NY cheesecakes don't have any toppings.

Not even pineapple? :biggrin:

Would it be acceptable if we called it a fusion cheesecake? Not like a Gillette Fusion, more of a "we totally changed the recipe and still want it to sound cool" fusion.

+1!!!!! It doesn't get any better than that.

As long as the cake is sliced in portions no smaller than 1/4; I like any of the "normal" toppings...

Next thing you know, New Yorker's will claim that they invented Pizza...indeed!

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
As long as the cake is sliced in portions no smaller than 1/4; I like any of the "normal" toppings...

May not have invented Pizza....but we perfected it :)

I didn't say New Yorkers invented cheesecakes - just cream cheese and cheesecakes using cream cheese. We'll have no part of cheesecakes using other stuff.

I have been fortunate enough to have both Eli's and Junior's both excellent.

Key Lime is my favorite too :thumbup:

Though I doubt I would turn any cheesecake down :biggrin:

Top Bottom