What's new

USAF Pen Requirements

That would be a pretty sweet commissioning gift!

I think he'll really like it. He's not a smoker, but he really likes lighters. I gave him a spare split pea lighter I had sitting around the last time I saw him, he thought it was great.

It's Airmen, I don't know why I originally typed soldiers. Ha! I like the ink suggestion, Doc!

He isn't interested in FPs from what I've seen, so I don't think I want to launch one on him. At this point, I'm thinking I'll probably get him a Fisher as well as a personalized Zippo lighter with his name, commissioning date, and rank engraved on it.

Thanks for all of the input guys!

Airman when referring to an individual, In a larger contex such as the entire Air Force it is airmen.

The Fisher Space Pen (Apollo XI commemorative) was my favorite on active duty (Army). I have been retired 13 years and it is still my daily carry for Boy Scout outings and camp-outs. That will be a valued gift.

I use my Parker 51 and my pilot VP, black or blue ink only, although I use blue-black and some green-black. There aren't any requirements as to what the pen needs to look like but I know the next pen I want is a "flighter" style pen. Would love a 51 flighter but they are very expensive.

Top Bottom