What's new

A Vac bites the dust

I was looking through my pens this afternoon to see what I wanted to ink up. I had a red Parker Vacumatic in my hand and placed it on the desk. I put down one of my pen cases and the Vac decided to fall off the desk...

Here is what happened
$Vac 1.JPG
$Vac 2.JPG

The pen split on the celluloid above the nib section. A clean, straight break. I doubt there is any way to fix it. But, the way it broke almost made me feel like it broke there before and was somehow put back together... Maybe Brian or Doug will know a way to stick it back together.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Ron Zorn is one guy that does that, I've used a gent here on the West Coast, it needs to be chemically "welded" with acetone or some volatile solvent.

It's fixable. Bummer, though.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Ron Zorn is one guy that does that, I've used a gent here on the West Coast, it needs to be chemically "welded" with acetone or some volatile solvent.

Good to know it can be corrected.

Thanks Doug. I will look into sending it to him.

Ron fixed a couple of Parkers for me at the Columbus pen show. When I checked in I was asked if there was anything particular I was looking at/for. I replied I wanted a 51 repaired and was sent straight to Ron. Very good work and meticulous about repairing my 51. I recommend him in a heart beat. Check him out at Main Street Pens.

Top Bottom