What's new

2014 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Spring

After the two get here today, I'll only have 6 more coming. Some may stretch all the way into Feb as I got a 100 pack of Feathers from Amazon and didn't realize the seller was in Thailand. Good price though, only just over .20 a blade.

First of three pre-sabbatical packages arrived today. 4 bars of RR glycerine soap, 3 bottles of RR pro shave lube, a pack of Feather Pros and a bottle of Krampert's Frostbite. I should get the 8 Arko sticks I bought either today or Monday and then the last package will be a custom butterscotch beehive I ordered on New Year's Eve. That should come in Monday or Tuesday. That's when reality will set in.

OK, my stash at the start of the sabbatical... It will be inteersting to see it diminish over the quarter.

proxy.php

The Nivea and Windsor AS I'm PIFing as I don't really like them, and the whole purpose of this exercise for me is to streamline my collection.

Is that the RR preshave soap? How does it work?

First of three pre-sabbatical packages arrived today. 4 bars of RR glycerine soap, 3 bottles of RR pro shave lube, a pack of Feather Pros and a bottle of Krampert's Frostbite. I should get the 8 Arko sticks I bought either today or Monday and then the last package will be a custom butterscotch beehive I ordered on New Year's Eve. That should come in Monday or Tuesday. That's when reality will set in.

OK, my stash at the start of the sabbatical... It will be inteersting to see it diminish over the quarter.

proxy.php

The Nivea and Windsor AS I'm PIFing as I don't really like them, and the whole purpose of this exercise for me is to streamline my collection.

That's a shame to hear about the Windsor AS. It's one of my favorites, in terms of both performance and scent.

I'll have to put Windsor on my 2015 list. I haven't tried much of Dr. Harris other than Lavender. I have Arlington and Marlborough on the way. I have heard good things about Windsor though.

They are samples so shouldn't be that bad! Big chunks though, more than the Mikes soaps. The Mikes samples lasted about a week each, these will probably be 3-4 weeks. But they are super soft so maybe not that long.

That's a shame to hear about the Windsor AS. It's one of my favorites, in terms of both performance and scent.

I'll have to put Windsor on my 2015 list. I haven't tried much of Dr. Harris other than Lavender. I have Arlington and Marlborough on the way. I have heard good things about Windsor though.

If either of you guys were in the UK I'd happily have included you in the PIF, but postnig AS abroad is a nightmare now. I can't fault the performance of either of those aftershaves, it's just the smell I don't care for. Arlington and Marlborough, however, are right at the top of my list for 2015. Love them both.

proxy.php

Nice collection! Only one brush? Muhle synthetic?

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
My New Year's Eve orders mostly came in today. I'm still waiting on a holder for the stones from Amazon (should be here on Monday), but that didn't stop me from lapping them and doing some test honing.
proxy.php

proxy.php

Just got 2 of my orders in today:

The sample of Celestial Woods Aftershave balm was a nice little throw-in from QCS.

Nice collection! Only one brush? Muhle synthetic?

I have a HJM synthetic that I use for travelling, and I've just had a miniature FS brush PIF'd to me which I will try too. I have a B&B Essentials Boar somewhere, but the Muhle Synthetic is so good I haven't used anything else for months.

Best wishes gentlemen, 3 days down already.

I should have joined you. After surviving GRUC 2013 I was all set to take advantage of some great deals at Mama Bear, but the restraint was strong (and SWMBO gave me THE LOOK) and since I didn't "need" any more soap, I passed.

Top Bottom