What's new

Above the Tie - Above the Crowd

How long did it take for you guys to receive your att from date of purchase? I ordered a S2 on the 16th and the only notice I've received is that a shipping label has been printed :(
I've been waiting for the S2 head that is replacing the R2 head I sent back. I PM'd Stan, and he said that a large batch got shipped out on Monday (i.e. about 2-3 days ago, depending on how you are counting), so I am guessing both of ours should arrive within the next few days.

Total Splurge: I've ordered every ATT head/plate and handle and plan on taking forever to keep rotating these and other blades I have. Maybe I'll get to the ONE RAZOR FOR LIFE, but I think a rotation is good for your shaving, anyway. Right now, I'm going back and forth between the M1 and the Feather AS-D2.

^^^ ONE RAZOR FOR LIFE is my personal goal. Not here to collect - I'm here to learn and enhance my shaving experience, but also to share my passion for such a wonderful and relaxing ritual that only those here can understand. I'm the minimalist type in many things in life. I have ONE wrist watch, ONE truck, ONE motorcycle, etc. I've been looking for THE GRAIL razor and I've found it in the ATT Kronos. :thumbup:

I do know for certain the ATT Kronos is it - now it's just left to do a little experimentation perhaps on heads/bases to see which is "just right". This M1 gives me a great shave in fact. It handles like a dream and I love how it sings as it cuts. I would like to try an M2 and an R1 base also just to know for sure. With this M1 I've had zero razor burn/rash and no more ingrown hairs. All the previous ones I'd had plaguing me from before I converted to DE have now faded and are gone.

So yes... ONE RAZOR - for life! That's how good it is. :thumbup: :lol:

I've seen it take a day or two to get the product to the post office after they create the label.

Rest assured, it will show up, and will be worth the wait!

I just ordered one of these -- Matador S5 -- from Razor Blades & More. Talk about heavy -- 10oz (283g)! The matte finish will go well with ATT heads, I'm hoping.

It arrived today. First things first: it's a beauty!

Second, it's not as heavy as I thought. By my scale it's 5.8oz, about 0.1oz lighter than the Maggard MR8. It's also a bit shorter than the MR8: about 3-1/3" vs. 3-1/2".

It goes wonderfully well with the ATT H1 (second photo below).

Although I'd planned to shave with the H1, in a moment of temporary insanity I popped the handle on the guardless BBX. A few weepers aside, it was the usual super-close BBX shave.

My phone-quality photos don't do it justice, but you get the idea.

S5 with Barbe Bleue Model X:
full

S5 with ATT H1:
full

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice looking handle! That's the great thing about this, will a little searching around, a person can find all sorts of different options to get dialed in.

I have a confession to make. Since acquiring my Atlas set, I recently PIF'd my barely used Merkur 38C, some blades and soap samples to a new member........... This left me without a razor (which I didn't use a lot) for my locker at the fire station. RAD took over and I was forced to order 2 more top caps from Stan. With my Maggard handles and the Atlas, I'll now have 3 complete M, R, H.

Greetings...... My name is Doug and I have an A.T.T. problem........................!

Very nice looking handle! That's the great thing about this, will a little searching around, a person can find all sorts of different options to get dialed in.

I have a confession to make. Since acquiring my Atlas set, I recently PIF'd my barely used Merkur 38C, some blades and soap samples to a new member........... This left me without a razor (which I didn't use a lot) for my locker at the fire station. RAD took over and I was forced to order 2 more top caps from Stan. With my Maggard handles and the Atlas, I'll now have 3 complete M, R, H.

Greetings...... My name is Doug and I have an A.T.T. problem........................!

Nice! I know it just keeps getting better and better with the Kronos.

Note my picture and general discussion of the Matador S5 handle in the General Discussion forum, thread "One Pound Handle..."

It's listed at 10.3 ounces and it feels about twice the weight of my next heaviest handles which are about 4-5 ounces.

AJ

Used my brand-spankin' new H2 baseplate on my Kronos this morning. Closest shave I've ever had. Even now, no bristle. Could not be happier!

Note my picture and general discussion of the Matador S5 handle in the General Discussion forum, thread "One Pound Handle..."

It's listed at 10.3 ounces and it feels about twice the weight of my next heaviest handles which are about 4-5 ounces.

AJ, have you weighed it? As I said above, it's 5.8oz, not 10oz as the RB&M website says. A tenth of an ounce lighter than the Maggard MR8 and a sixth of an inch shorter (3-1/3" vs. 3-1/2"). In other words, a slightly more compact version of the MR8, but with a high-quality matte finish that can go mano a mano with the ATT heads. Here's a picture of the S5 + H1 (unfortunately the quality of the picture doesn't do justice to the quality of the razor and handle):

full

Last edited by a moderator:
It just occurred to me today - I've been noticing a lot of members now have one or more ATT razors. Stan must have sold a lot of razors - although it's NOMB, I'm curious how many. Seems like it must be well into the 100s by now? Any opinions?

It just occurred to me today - I've been noticing a lot of members now have one or more ATT razors. Stan must have sold a lot of razors - although it's NOMB, I'm curious how many. Seems like it must be well into the 100s by now? Any opinions?

Yep. Probably enough that we can start the brotherhood of ATT aficionados! I'm sure there's a good number of them out there and you don't see them for sale on the auction sites or elsewhere. I guess the quality, aesthetics, and bomb-proof durability are getting noticed and some are deciding it's worth the extra $.

Yep. Probably enough that we can start the brotherhood of ATT aficionados! I'm sure there's a good number of them out there and you don't see them for sale on the auction sites or elsewhere. I guess the quality, aesthetics, and bomb-proof durability are getting noticed and some are deciding it's worth the extra $.

Sign me up for that club :thumbup1: My S2 Atlas is a work of art, and my M2 matches it perfectly. I've even got a name suggestion; The Brothers of Above The Tie Shavers = BATTS :a51:

Top Bottom