What's new

Above the Tie - Above the Crowd

In a word, no.

I guess my experience is unique in that this aspect of the design does indeed affect my shave and might not be an issue and probably not affect many others. I can recreate the issue easily by loading a blade and pushing on on the blade from top and bottom with a pick. Compared to other razors the ATT blade is much more soft and pliable.

I guess my experience is unique in that this aspect of the design does indeed affect my shave and might not be an issue and probably not affect many others. I can recreate the issue easily by loading a blade and pushing on on the blade from top and bottom with a pick. Compared to other razors the ATT blade is much more soft and pliable.

This might be due to the extra blade exposure, or maybe from more blade exposure from the top cap?

I've read that slant razors through twisting the blade keep the blade more rigid. I'm thinking I see an ATT slant in your future :thumbsup:

This might be due to the extra blade exposure, or maybe from more blade exposure from the top cap?

I've read that slant razors through twisting the blade keep the blade more rigid. I'm thinking I see an ATT slant in your future :thumbsup:

Yea I am thinking it might be due to the more exposure from the top cap. Either way I will be trying the slant!

Depends on the person and the razor. All of them perform well with a shallow angle - for me the R1/2 and H1/2 also shave very well with the steep angle approach, which is a bit more comfortable.

Some people have tugging problems with steep angle, which is why I asked. And if there's tugging with shallow angle, my first guess is the angle is not shallow enough or the blade is not great.

Depends on the person and the razor. All of them perform well with a shallow angle - for me the R1/2 and H1/2 also shave very well with the steep angle approach, which is a bit more comfortable.

Some people have tugging problems with steep angle, which is why I asked. And if there's tugging with shallow angle, my first guess is the angle is not shallow enough or the blade is not great.

+1

For me, my R1 just doesn't seem to pull off a steep angle (but perhaps I need more practice with it). The H1 is definitely more comfortable for me from a steep angle.

I really like the H2 for steep angle. It may be my imagination but it seems it runs a little smoother. Just a theory but I think it leaves more soap on my face than the safety bar does and that gives some more protection from the blade.

I feel naked having only ordered an Atlas R2. I need a 7 piece set...

You might want to wait for the slant. ATT might let you get the slant top cap, slant base, the two handles you don't have, plus two or three other baseplates (compatible with the top cap you already have, and possibly with a second standard top cap if required (or preferred) instead of the third baseplate). That would give you a pretty sweet 10 piece set ... and you would still get the full discount that the 7 piece set offers....

Last edited:
I actually talked to Stan, and I placed an order for the 7 piece set, and he is refunding me the amount for my Atlas R2. He will send me the 4 extra items and I keep the Atlas R2 I already have. So if anyone orders, then regrets not getting a set, just email Stan.

I actually talked to Stan, and I placed an order for the 7 piece set, and he is refunding me the amount for my Atlas R2. He will send me the 4 extra items and I keep the Atlas R2 I already have. So if anyone orders, then regrets not getting a set, just email Stan.
:thumbsup:

^ Ditto +3!!! Congratulations on your decision Inverted, I am sure you will love shaving with this set.

Cheers, and enjoy your shaves!

That's customer service right there. :thumbup:

Received the rest of my 7 piece set today. I loved my Atlas R2 so much, I wanted another R2 head to put in my travel kit as I travel a lot. I now own Kronos and Atlas handles, two R2 heads and an H1 head. I plan on ordering the S1 and S2 slant the second they become available as well.

proxy.php

Received the rest of my 7 piece set today. I loved my Atlas R2 so much, I wanted another R2 head to put in my travel kit as I travel a lot. I now own Kronos and Atlas handles, two R2 heads and an H1 head. I plan on ordering the S1 and S2 slant the second they become available as well.

proxy.php

Nice set! Have you tried the H1 yet? What do you think of your new Kronos handle?

Top Bottom