What's new

Above the Tie - Above the Crowd

I'm really considering taking the plunge on one of these. I would definitely go with the atlas handle but not sure which plate. Probably M1 just to play it safe but the S1 looks sweet too.

In my experience it's great if you have a bit of growth. Otherwise it takes a steady hand and the right angle for a good ATG pass.

I use an R41 2011 regularly and find it to be perfect with minimal irritation and excellent closeness in minimal passes. I just returned the H2 plate for an R2 which has not arrived yet. For me ithe H2 shaved just as close as the R41 but caused much more razor burn. I am hoping the R2 is just the ticket. I don't doubt the M2 is smooth but I'm worried it would be too mild. So if the R2 doesn't work what should I do next? S2, M2 or get a refund and find another platform altogether?

I believe Titan & Atlas were released together. Titan was renamed due to copyright. Colossus was released not too long ago.

+1.

To my pleasant surprise the Voskhod is my favorite blade with the S2 beating out the Feather and Polsilver SI which work best for me in all of my other razors. Gotta try them all before making a decision.

Thanks for the recommendation. I obtained 100 of the Voskhods, and they work great with my S2 as well. This is a really good blade for the money, and mates perfectly with my S2 Kronos.

+1 on the Voskhods. I enjoy them with my S1. Another favorite is Sputnik.

In regard to an early post on ATG, I've started doing ATG with my S1. It took a little dialing in, but now it's smooth and efficient.

I use an R41 2011 regularly and find it to be perfect with minimal irritation and excellent closeness in minimal passes. I just returned the H2 plate for an R2 which has not arrived yet. For me ithe H2 shaved just as close as the R41 but caused much more razor burn. I am hoping the R2 is just the ticket. I don't doubt the M2 is smooth but I'm worried it would be too mild. So if the R2 doesn't work what should I do next? S2, M2 or get a refund and find another platform altogether?

Another platform all together? That is certainly not the direction I'd move towards. I'm currently the user of an R1 plate on an Atlas handle, and have been considering moving into an OC. In my deliberations towards OC I have seen mention that the S2 (although a slant) is performance/aggression wise between the M2 and the R2. So, while I do not find the R1 overly aggressive I was still considering a step to the M2 for my first OC, but am now considering the S2 equally. Thus, you have options still to weigh.

Top Bottom