What's new

Above the Tie - Above the Crowd

Wow, I guess I'm not a Star Wars fan after all. I had no idea.....

You can be a fan and not know what the other name for Imperial Walkers was. I do not think the terms, "ATAT" or "AT-AT" were ever used in the movies. They always called them Imperial Walkers. I learned the term AT-AT when I was a kid reading Star Wars stuff.. like Comic Books, coloring books, figurine packages etc. I had a AT-AT model at one point too.

My go to DE is a Titan (Atlas) R1. I absolutely love that razor. Flawless shaves every time. I have about 15 vintage Gillettes, and they have essentially become collectors items because they don't see any action. I will however try the OC. Can it get any better?

I did like the Titan name better, but Kronos will do. I personally like the name I submitted to Stan, but he didn't choose it. I don't see any thing wrong with "Bad *** Razor".

I did like the Titan name better, but Kronos will do. I personally like the name I submitted to Stan, but he didn't choose it. I don't see any thing wrong with "Bad *** Razor".

I don't know why he didn't go for it. Your name fits!!!

Got to be going on a month now with the OC's and just so happy and satisfied with the new plates. This morning it was my usual Feather blade with Crown cream and the R2 plate and man what a great all day shave!

Got to be going on a month now with the OC's and just so happy and satisfied with the new plates. This morning it was my usual Feather blade with Crown cream and the R2 plate and man what a great all day shave!

As much as I'm enjoying my holiday trip to Hilton Head, I'm looking forward to trying out my R1 again back home! The Fusion is so boring!

Just a quick update using the R2 plate everyday and loving it, on a recent business trip I packed my Tradere OC and used it for a couple of days. Although the Tradere is a very smooth shaver it is not close in terms of efficiency. I might even sell it!

Moved up to the H2 after mastering the R2 and I thought it would be too harsh for me as the H1 was. To my surprise I am loving it and getting the longest lasting shaves I ever had in almost 50 years of shaving (50yrs! YIKS) but seriously for me I had to work my way up to the H2 and now its all I have used for at least 2 weeks

I wonder how many would work their way up that way if they started with M plates? I loved my M2 but now the R1 is working really well for me. Who knows, maybe an H on the horizon?

I wonder how many would work their way up that way if they started with M plates? I loved my M2 but now the R1 is working really well for me. Who knows, maybe an H on the horizon?
Again the H1 never worked for me but the H2 is and working really well

Great posts here on the ATT system. I've got the Kronos 5 Piece Set and the three OC plates sitting in my cart right now.

Too much all at once?

Depends on how you roll. Of you're a razor collector you'll enjoy the variety. For me I wanted to narrow it down to one plate. There are others who can speak to the multi-plate life! No matter what, it's an awesome hunk of steel.

Great posts here on the ATT system. I've got the Kronos 5 Piece Set and the three OC plates sitting in my cart right now.

Too much all at once?
Thats a hard question to answer I have all 6 plates but I now only use the H2 everyday but I'm glad to have the others. If money is the issue maybe the R plate first??

Too much all at once?

I also got the 5 piece Kronos but with the M1, M2, and R1 heads. I heavily debated on getting the R2 head. I have a month to decide which ones I want to keep. I wanted a more aggresive razor but was worried by getting the R2, I would be going too aggressive. However, I keep hearing that the R2 is very smooth. Can't wait to test it out.

Above the Tie razors shave very effectively. There's not doubt about that. In that respect it is definitely 'above the crowd.' The shaves I've received using the H1 and R1 were the closest and most effective shaves I've ever had.

Stan is also a true gentleman. His 30 day money back policy is amazing when you consider that no one else is willing to offer one.

I do hope that someday he is able to make his razors in a cheaper material like aluminum or brass.

Top Bottom