What's new

Recommend me a WARM Winter Jacket.

A Schott Melton Wool Pea Coat...you cannot go wrong with these, have had mine a couple years and it is the warmest coat I have ever owned...high quality and great fit perfect for any cold weather no matter how bad. Price? Pfft...worth every penny and then some, I would prolly pay twice what I did for it...it's that friggin good.

The last 3 winters I've worn an Alpha Industries M65 field jacket with an ebayUSA quilted liner, not been cold yet.

My sister is in Saskatoon and generally says that the East Anglian winters that she remembers from over here felt colder than her Canadian winters due to dry cold Vs damp cold thing, UK being surrounded by sea, therefore mainly damp cold.

I have just bought SWMBO an old M51 and original wool liner off ebayCAN, and she is now officially my new best friend FOREVER! She's warm and toasty.

(Not sure what the opinions of any US/CAN vets might be on M65/M51 warmth, interested to find out.)

For the really cold and snowy nights here in Chicago I use a North Face Mcmurdo Parka which I got several years back. It's around 600 power and it's built like a tank albeit a bit heavy. But it's one of the few TNF jackets I really like.

Like Dave, I also have the McMurdo, and I'm in the Chicago area. My daily walk is about 1.5 miles each way - temps were around -10 when I left my house this morning, and I wasn't the least bit cold.

Top Bottom