What's new

Watches: Wear slightly loose or tight? Also my new purchase.

I prefer to have them snug. Just enough that it can't move on the wrist but not so much that it cuts into the flesh.

I find it annoying and distracting to have a watch sliding around on my wrist, but I tolerate it with metal bracelets when necessary - sometimes they just can't adjust to where I want them.

Loose for me. Even the metal bracelets can move full circle around my wrist. Leather starts snug, but loosens to spin too.

My watch has a metal bracelet and I like it snug so that it doesn't move around but not too snug that it looks like it is choking my wrist. It's adjustable so I do play with it from time to time.

I wear mine a little loose, for me it is more comfortable and during the hot months it reduces sweating under the band - which I think helps my leather straps look nicer and last longer.

50 bucks aint bad
proxy.php

It is a steal with a Sapphire crystal and Swiss Movement.

Well. I got the watch and it is beautiful. The sapphire crystal is great and it is a clear, hefty, well made watch with a simple, classic appearance. For $39 delivered, I feel I got a great deal.

I prefer slightly loose so that it can move around an eighth to a quarter inch, but not really slide around. I don't like a tight non moving watch because I find they dig in and I can't bend my wrist as much as I need to.

Well. I got the watch and it is beautiful. The sapphire crystal is great and it is a clear, hefty, well made watch with a simple, classic appearance. For $39 delivered, I feel I got a great deal.

I even got a nice looking Lowen box this time. First time that happened

I even got a nice looking Lowen box this time. First time that happened

Me too! I forgot to mention that. I actually put in an order for a duplicate watch to have as a spare (for $39 I could not pass it up). Both came with a box. I noticed that for a day or two the price of the same watch jumped to $141. It is now back to $39.

I've often heard the correct way to wear a watch is to be able to slide a finger between the strap and your wrist comfortably. Anything less and it will impact circulation (not good). Anything more will cause it slide around all over the place.

I have quite a few watches with all sorts of bands; leather, metal bracelets with clasps, velcro bands, NATO, etc., and I like them all snug. I do not want anything sliding around on my arm.

Keep in mind the loose wear will tend to make a metal bracelet "stretch" while a tighter one helps prevent stretch. FYI stretch is not the metal actually stretching but actually dirt and grime getting in the pins and from movement wears the pin and whole.

I've often heard the correct way to wear a watch is to be able to slide a finger between the strap and your wrist comfortably. Anything less and it will impact circulation (not good). Anything more will cause it slide around all over the place.

+1. I wear my watch like this.

Top Bottom