What's new

2014 Shave Purchase Sabbatical, The Year of Gentlemanly Shenanigans.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
day |||| |||| |||| |||| |||| |||| |||| |||| |||| |||| |||| |||| |||| |||| |||| |||| |||| |||| |||| |||| |||| ||||

Despite the warnings in the air, someone was not careful enough and failed to return. Was this just a one-off snatch by "them", or is it the beginning of the reaping?

If I may offer a suggestion, here is what I would do.

Immediately book a flight to Paris, where Planete Rasoir is located. Shop for the soap in person. If they don't have it at the time, you can make arrangements for the future, and anyway time in Paris is never wasted.

I would also refrain from looking up the translation for the word donkey, but would use the bits of French I have to describe the soap and that it is made from the milk of the animal that is like a horse, but smaller and has bigger ears (hold hands above head to show donkey ears) and makes a sound like this (make braying noise).

This is quite possibly the best advice I've ever heard. I agree; you should do this exactly as described. And if you can have someone video it.

This is quite possibly the best advice I've ever heard. I agree; you should do this exactly as described. And if you can have someone video it.
I agree, this would be an outstanding solution! Perhaps we can solicit contributions from the most generous members of any forum known to man(the B&B), for airfare and lodging for me and my better half. Know that my predilection for fine French red wine would add significantly to the funds needed to bring the donkey milk soap quest to fruition.

Last edited:
I thought youse guys needed a picture if the treewhaling I did

$IMG-20140419-00047.jpg

I'm still out and free to purchase any shaving product that comes to mind, even on a whim. How liberating!

However, I cannot think of anything I want or need.

That's were you, the surviving Sabbaticalians can help.

What would you buy if you weren't constrained by your hollowed commitment?

The first who posts an item that piques my shallow narcissistic interest will receive said item. It's the least I can do to make amends for my failure!
iced margarita shave soap

I'm back from a conference. I packed my aftershave, soap, two brushes, strop, and half the kitchen sink but forgot my razors at home. I'm glad I could get away with a scruffy look (just a participant this time, not a presenter).

Two more weeks until I'm out of the weeds at work. It looks like being busy helped the temptation. I gather IB is busy!

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
day |||| |||| |||| |||| |||| |||| |||| |||| |||| |||| |||| |||| |||| |||| |||| |||| |||| |||| |||| |||| |||| ||||

I should have know the berries I found would not be good to eat yet. They were hard and tested heavy of juniper, yet I still ate a handful and am now paying the price. I did not watch those who went out, so I do not know if all returned.

I haven't checked in here in a while but I'm still in! The baby is taking up a lot of my old B&B time unfortunately. ..ish. LOL. Can't complain as he's adorable. :)

Cheers

M.

Two bottles, which will carry me through the year's end. Myrsol both. Aftershave was the only thing at the beginning of the year I didn't have much of.

Wow, no one's calling Shenanigans on the "two bottles"? :mellow:

Hmmmm, I will then. :a49:

I guess if both bottles are identical, but I though exceptions were single purchases. :confused1

As for me....Still in and made it through the Long Weekend easily.

I am in, with an exception of one purchase of blades and one bottle of aftershave (I might run out during the year!).

I call shenanigans! Please list one specific item as your exception, not two nonspecific items.

Touché! One purchase of aftershave it is, then!

Last edited:
Wow, no one's calling Shenanigans on the "two bottles"? :mellow:

Hmmmm, I will then. :a49:

I guess if both bottles are identical, but I though exceptions were single purchases. :confused1

As for me....Still in and made it through the Long Weekend easily.

Well, I guess that's a bit less defined than it could be... lol it was a single aftershave purchase, of an item that their exception... I'd throw a warning flag on the play as something for next years (or the quarterly restraints) to make clearer in the future, but I'd not call full out shenanigans on it this time.

Top Bottom