What's new

Dolce & Gabbana Review Discussion Thread

Fellas, I thought I'd post this thread to see if any of you guys have tried this wonderful cologne and to get your thoughts & comments.

Check out the review here

Simply, of all the fragrances I've ever had, it's my #1 favorite. I get so many compliments when I wear it. It's perfect for my body chemistry and skin type.

Jeff

I get more double hugs and deep breathing and WHATS THAT YOU ARE WEARING ? with this then any other !

Jim

I've been resisting D&G for some time now thinking the tobacco note was just too much of a temptation for an ex-smoker. Tried it again tonight at Sears and think it may now be manageable. Danger.

This cologne acquisition disease is getting to be a bit of a concern. Last week I ordered an oz of B&B from Rik, received some Gucci PH from a Basenotes member, and just last night I started corresponding with MomaBear about her upcoming product line.

schatz said:
I've been resisting D&G for some time now thinking the tobacco note was just too much of a temptation for an ex-smoker. Tried it again tonight at Sears and think it may now be manageable. Danger.

This cologne acquisition disease is getting to be a bit of a concern. Last week I ordered an oz of B&B from Rik, received some Gucci PH from a Basenotes member, and just last night I started corresponding with MomaBear about her upcoming product line.

How do you like the Gucci Pour Homme, I love the deep and cedary scent.
Cheers, DJ.

Funny you should ask. The first time I tried it I thought it was way too smokey. The second try did the trick and I bought some. Basenotes describes the smokiness in terms of incense. I don't notice too much of a difference between the levels of the pyramid as the woods come on very quickly and the incense in noticeable throughout. Love the way it just lasts and lasts. One of my favorites now along with YSL Jazz and Knize 10. I like that nice heavy bottle too.

As an addendum to my buying spree mentioned in my previous post, I forgot to include 2 edts just ordered from Sue at SCS. After reading the positive comments on this board for her products (one of which is a board namesake), and the very attractive pricing she offers, I just couldn't resist.

I really love this one. It's not my wife's favorite scent so I usually wait to wear it when she's on travel. Gives me something to look forward to.

I tried this cologne tonight, and I have to say that I wasn't extremely impressed with it. I found that the drydown on it was a little unusual compared to the colognes I typically wear. I did get a small Decant of it to try (splash decant), so I'll try it again later, but it didn't grab at me like I wish it would have.

Hello All,

I agree. This is a terrific scent. Wife likes it as well. It is in my top six fragrances. You can get it at your local Ulta store. If your wife has an Ulta card, the D&G purchase will count toward her points :001_smile !

While you are there, pick up some D&G shower gel and lotion. Perfect fragrance set.

Cheers,
Richard
Plano TX

I really like Dolce and Gabbana as well. I've been wearing it for over a year now. I think it's probably most appropriate for summer wear, and it's probably number two for me behind Aqua di Parma this time of year. I don't pick up a lot of the tobacco/smokiness others do. To me it's a fairly light, fresh scent...predominantly citrus and maybe a bit of lavender.

I wasn't a huge fan of this scent from the sample I received from Scotto when I was sniffing it in the vial, but I tried it on last night and got a big 'wow' from the wife and it actually wasn't all that bad. Not sure it compares to the Atkinson's Lavender or the Blenheim Bouquet, but it is nice.

Excellent scent...bit gayish but nancy boy is gay too.. so what
highly recommended fragrance..

Here is my list
Versace L'Home (all time favorite of mine and the rest of the chicks)
Channel Eqoiste (the original one not the platinum...original can be found in europe)
Annick Goutal Eau du Sud
Terre Hermes
Rocabar Hermes
Guerlain L'instant
Guerlain Heritage
Guerlain Vetiver
Dolce Gabbana Blue Box pour homme
Calvin Clein Eternity

I've been wearing this one at least five years now. My grandmother works at a perfume retailer in an airport near Manchester and was able to give me five bottles of the stuff. (Opened boxes don't sell in high end retail stores.) I've given three away as presents and burned through one already; now I'm on my second bottle. It lasts and lasts and is quite popular with the ladies. (Many good things gentlemen, many good things.) If you don't have it, don't hesitate to buy a bottle.

Also, while on the topic of calogne... I heard from a friend that calogne has a shelf life of about a year... is there any truth to that? I certainly have never been able to discern an 'old' calogne from a new one. Maybe the B&B readers can help. Cheers!

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Also, while on the topic of cologne... I heard from a friend that calogne has a shelf life of about a year... is there any truth to that? I certainly have never been able to discern an 'old' calogne from a new one. Maybe the B&B readers can help. Cheers!

I've heard similar, but usually with a longer lifespan. (It depends on the cologne, apparently). I have a bottle of Burberry Brit that is about 2 years old now, and seems to be still fine. But yeah, you can't leave them around forever and expect them to still be pristine!

R

rocco

1-Drakkar Noir
2-Valentino V
3-Polo
4-T&H Trafalgar
5-Facconable Stripe

I paid 56€ for 125ml. In this category of luxury fragrances, I would say that is great value. I therefore rated it "10". Of course, when compared to Tabac edt, that would only be "5", but this fragrance is in a different league altogether.

Top Bottom