What's new

Considering a new fountain pen for the Holidays

Lamy makes nice pens, I always find metal grips slippery myself but others have no trouble with them
You may want to see about adding a lamy converter to the pen so you can use bottled ink with the pen

I have this one but rarely use it. I agree with Syngent on the metal grip section being a bit slippery. I also found the medium nib to be very wet. On the other hand, the pen looks great.

I like them, but like the guys said the section is a little slick and it's a little on the heavy side and with the finish over brass they can pick up scratches, but it does take some effort to do so.

Last edited:
I have the Stainless Steel Studio, it does not have a metal grip, it is a black rubberized grip. The Studio is a good pen as far as weight and size and takes the same nibs as the Safari so they are easy to swap out.

The Lamy Studio with a 1.1 Stub was my go to setup for quite a while while I was first getting into fountain pens.

Thanks for the input. I do have a lamy safari (actually 2 of them) and a levenger L-tech...all with converters, so if I pull the trigger I will certainly get one for this as well.

Last edited:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Thanks for the input. I do have a lamy safari (actually 2 of them) and a levenger L-tech...all with converters, so if I pull the trigger I will certainly get one for this as well.
Let it be known, the Studio is a heavy pen. It is well balanced, though.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
proxy.php

I have this one ... I thought of it as aluminium, but it may be stainless. But the grip section is not slippery.

(IMHO, it's not a heavy pen.)

Last edited:
OK I went ahead and purchased this one
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CN7JR2/ref=oh_details_o02_s01_i02?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and while I was online I bought this one as well

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001HTA14I/ref=oh_details_o02_s01_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

along with a few bottles of ink so I can fill my various pens with various hues.

NOW, I like Noodlers ink, but the bottles are so deep that it is awkward to fill the pens. Anyone here use anything like a classy looking inkwell to make filling easier???

NOW, I like Noodlers ink, but the bottles are so deep that it is awkward to fill the pens. Anyone here use anything like a classy looking inkwell to make filling easier???

Akkerman inks are fantastic for filling. They have a glass marble in the neck that creates a small inkwell to fill from.

A syringe to cuck up from the bottle and inject right into the converter is how I do it when my ink levels get low

Top Bottom