What's new

Help me choose a pocket notebook

Legion

Staff member
Yes to this. Since the FC B&B books, I have carried the small one with me at all times!

Nice David! You made that leather cover, right?

Yeah, I actually made a slightly better one last night with an offcut I had from something else I was making. This leather wears really well for items that need to be durable.

When I was making strops a while back it was one of the leathers I used for that. I used the nice bits from the middle of the hide for strops, because they have to be as flawless as possible, but I kept as many of the offcuts as I could (I'm too cheap to throw that stuff away), and they are perfect for these little items, pocket knife sheaths, bicycle hand grips... whatever.

Toothpick, I have not tried the Field Notes, but I hear they're not all that FP friendly, so consider what writing instrument you'll use. Otherwise, they've got a great, utilitarian, retro look/feel.

If you REALLY want thin, convenient, never know it's there: look at PocketMod. These are essentially PDF templates that you print out on your computer onto a letter-size sheet of paper. You fold it a certain way to give it more of a booklet characteristic. Voila! Instant, cheap, thin, customizable. Not very durable though. I think the strategy would have to be a new one pretty frequently.

Top Bottom