What's new

Acquisitions for December 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Old formula C&E:
$B&B 2 Nomads.jpg

Bought a brush from Ras120 that I've admired since I first saw it. He did a beautiful job on the restoration and his photographic skills speak for themselves.

For ONCE!! I scooped in on a score locally via craigslist. After how many times I've pointed them out to others I'm really happy my turn came up:) A very minty Fatboy, Black beauty and another minty Red tip. Drove half an hour after the gent said he had more not in the picture. They did their homework mentioning the cased Fatboy went for a pretty amount on eBay but let me have for $40. Good people that I really enjoyed meeting. The whole experience from the son greeting me out on the driveway to telling of the story about these being his grandfather's razors was nice. His mom and dad were tops too. A good family that made my day in addition to getting these gems.

Attachments

• $IMG_20131208_134031.jpg
    $IMG_20131208_134031.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 543
  • $IMG_20131208_150612_949.jpg
    $IMG_20131208_150612_949.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 543
2 handmade soaps, sandalwood and patchouli, from Bulgaria. Haven't tried them yet but the smell is promising.

Nice start of a collection are 2 Gillette Flare Tips from 1956 and 1958.

Soaps that I ordered from Mama Bears arrived in the post today :w00t:
Can't wait to give them a try.

$SL374072.jpg

Bought a brush from Ras120 that I've admired since I first saw it. He did a beautiful job on the restoration and his photographic skills speak for themselves.

For ONCE!! I scooped in on a score locally via craigslist. After how many times I've pointed them out to others I'm really happy my turn came up:) A very minty Fatboy, Black beauty and another minty Red tip. Drove half an hour after the gent said he had more not in the picture. They did their homework mentioning the cased Fatboy went for a pretty amount on eBay but let me have for $40. Good people that I really enjoyed meeting. The whole experience from the son greeting me out on the driveway to telling of the story about these being his grandfather's razors was nice. His mom and dad were tops too. A good family that made my day in addition to getting these gems.
All beauties! Enjoy!

View attachment 392603

Swapped a razor with the very generous "rxonmymind" and this is what showed up today. A true gentlemen !

Yes he is, what is the soap with the silver on top, is it Tcheon Fung Sing Lime e Spezie Shaving Soap? Curious to know what it smells like as I'm planning a soap order in the near future and recently found out they make some of RazoRock soaps that I like.

Yes he is, what is the soap with the silver on top, is it Tcheon Fung Sing Lime e Spezie Shaving Soap? Curious to know what it smells like as I'm planning a soap order in the near future and recently found out they make some of RazoRock soaps that I like.

I opened it for you and what ever it is, its very mild. A got a faint hint of what I thought was cinnamon (probably the lime) and a very hard soap. I'm sure the scent will open up a bit when I hit it with a brush and water.

Ain't that pretty? Georgetown G20 scuttle.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 405
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 405
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 405
Status
Not open for further replies.