What's new

Acquisitions for December 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got this Thomas Turner & Co. in the mail - zero honewear and almost no pitting at all. I like them because they are one of the lesser known "cutlers to their majesties." More for me! :D
$photo-6.jpg$photo-4.jpg$photo-7.jpg$photo-5.jpg

Got these and a cased Schick Adjustable and a gold ball end tech for $25. If anyone knows what these are, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Here are 4 I picked up today.Top is "The Jap" made in Germany for Chapman. The second is Morley & Sons, etched Full Hollow Ground on the blade. Third is simply marked Solingen but honed it up tonight and is a terrific shaver! The fourth is a Geo. Wostenholm celebrated IXL .
And some closer shots

Attachments

• $IMG_6929.JPG
    $IMG_6929.JPG
    44.5 KB · Views: 331
  • $IMG_6933.JPG
    $IMG_6933.JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 330
  • $IMG_6934.JPG
    $IMG_6934.JPG
    37.7 KB · Views: 329
Acquired last monday 16th. two weeks in transit to Portugal. But the waiting was worthless.

- Hungarian Lavender
- Bay Rum

They already in the Ikea Grundtal tins. Each tin can have one and a half Mike's soap

Here are 4 I picked up today.Top is "The Jap" made in Germany for Chapman. The second is Morley & Sons, etched Full Hollow Ground on the blade. Third is simply marked Solingen but honed it up tonight and is a terrific shaver! The fourth is a Geo. Wostenholm celebrated IXL .
And some closer shots

That Solingen is beautiful! If you decide to part with it, Let me know!

Not 100% sure but, the bottom one looks like my Aristocrat De Luxe.

Thanks, I looked around and had trouble with the patent numbers. Still can't find anything on the 4 piece or the SE.

Thanks guys. Yes it's pretty and it's a great shaver as well. And that etch is so deep. I love it so it's not going anywhere. Sorry .

Got these and a cased Schick Adjustable and a gold ball end tech for $25. If anyone knows what these are, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

The bottom razor looks like a short comb new with common bar handle. Without a box, it is hard to give a definite answer as Gillette had different names based on the box. This is one of my favorite razors.

Last edited:
Knots for my brush restorations

proxy.php

Muhle R89 JET (DLC coated)

proxy.php

A gift from a great friend!

proxy.php

Already I have a Bob's Razor Works Bull Mastiff Deluxe XL, but I was a long time looking for this one. A BRW Bull Mastiff Deluxe with Flared Knob. Yes, the original! Not a copy! I had the opportunity to grab this one with two knobs: the flared one and the standard one plus Gillette NEW Long Comb razor head replated by him and a nice leather case. I didn't doubt! I miss Bob!

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

I have been very lucky lately and had visits from the post woman a couple of times :001_smile

First a very generous parcel from Foroafeitado.com, where I was so fortunate to win a honourable vote.
Some very nice products from Floïd and a Lea stick (new formula)

proxy.php

Then I got a very nice Christmas offer from originalebutterflies.dk that I couldn't resist :001_rolle
So seven new bow ties went into the cart - never go down on lack of equipment :biggrin1:

proxy.php

And last, I introduced some in my family to a very good lip/skin balm that are used by the Swedish armed forces and they said they would like some and since I was ordering anyway, I slipped a TOBS St. James Collection aftershave and cologne into the cart for myself :001_smile
The vendor was in full Christmas mood, so they had included some Marvis toothpaste and samples of Anthony products.

proxy.php

I think I am good for the coming holidays and should be able to go through them without getting the shakes ;)

This weekends find...$image.jpg

Solingen straight, keen kitten w/blades, auto strop valet, gem micromatic, ever-ready, gillette travel, and 2 TTO's that I haven't looked up yet.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 239
Last edited:
Knots for my brush restorations

proxy.php

Muhle R89 JET (DLC coated)

proxy.php

A gift from a great friend!

proxy.php

Already I have a Bob's Razor Works Bull Mastiff Deluxe XL, but I was a long time looking for this one. A BRW Bull Mastiff Deluxe with Flared Knob. Yes, the original! Not a copy! I had the opportunity to grab this one with two knobs: the flared one and the standard one plus Gillette NEW Long Comb razor head replated by him and a nice leather case. I didn't doubt! I miss Bob!

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

My Friend , I'm so glad to see that piece of art in your hands!! Felice Navidad and a healthy, Happy New Year to you !:thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom