What's new

Fly Fishermen check in!

Heading to the Kisaralick river (Alaska) August 2nd. I've tied enough flies for an army... $IMG_20150712_130744.jpg

I enjoy it immensely, but don't get to spend as much time as I'd like doing it. I keep thinking it will get better, but it's been awhile.

I just picked up my first fly rod set up on Friday. I am slowly getting the hang of casting, went and stood in a lake for a total of 7 hours today just practicing and I even snagged a bass with a popper. I can already tell this is going to be way more fun than than reel fishing.

I fly fish, but sadly not that often. We did some trout fishing a couple weeks ago out in South Dakota and caught some of the biggest trout I've ever seen. I'll have to find some of the pictures to post

Central New Jersey here, 2 hours from roscoe ny and central pa so fly fishings good within driving distance. Love to flyfish, going to Colorado in two weeks and can't wait.

You know what would be fun?!!!??

proxy.php

A Fly tying contest!! The straight tinkerers have their annual Gold Dollar contest, what would you guys say to challenge?! It'd be fun for those of us who've never tried, to get tips from you pros. And it'd be fun for you pros, to show off your skills!

Steelhead should start running out of Lake Erie soon. Been tying flies whenever I can for the last 2 months getting ready. Time to pull out the big rods.

Man, i wish I could get up to the Great Lakes soon, but I don't think that will happen this year. Good luck roadki11. Hope ya catch a nice one.

Owen

Top Bottom