What's new

Ron Burgundy `Great Odin`s Raven` Scotch Whisky

$Ron-Burgundy-Great-Odins-Raven-Scotch-Whisky.jpg

We’ve
got some urgent breaking news that is both compelling and rich: There’s a Ron Burgundy Scotch coming your way. “Great Odin’s Raven Special Reserve” is set to hit mahogany store shelves near you very soon. The 40% ABV Scotch is a blend of Scotch whiskies from Speyside, Highlands, and Islay and features a hearty fruit flavor. Price and availability are yet to be announced, but we’ve heard it shouldn’t be long until you can get your hands on a bottle. So pour yourself a few fingers and break out the jazz flute for a fine evening.
$untitled.png

http://www.rivieraimports.com/ronburgundy.html
http://coolmaterial.com/home/ron-burgundy-great-odins-raven-scotch-whisky/

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Great grandmothers spatula!

I'm not a scotch guy, but this would be a great conversation piece.

I was getting ready to post a thread on this,but thought I'd see if there was one already out there. I happened to spot this at a local wine and spirits store over the weekend . I was pretty excited because I had no idea this existed so to see this randomly with no knowledge of it was pretty great. I am a Will Ferrell fan and Anchorman is one of my favorite 'dumb comedy' movies (as SWMBO describes them). Of course I bought it. I haven't had the chance to try it out yet though.

$20140406_183750.jpg

Last edited:
I was getting ready to post a thread on this,but thought I'd see if there was one already out there. I happened to spot this at a local wine and spirits store over the weekend . I was pretty excited because I had no idea this existed so to see this randomly with no knowledge of it was pretty great. I am a Will Ferrell fan and Anchorman is one of my favorite 'dumb comedy' movies (as SWMBO describes them). Of course I bought it. I haven't had the chance to try it out yet though.

View attachment 434041

Ha I love the name. Whats the price-point on this scotch? Also update us how it was when you try it. Im gonna look for this at my local liquor store.

Interested in hearing the reviews on this. I'm tempted to expand my bourbon taste into scotch, but the difference in price point is a bit intimidating.

It was about $26 if I remember correctly. I'm by no means a skilled taster, but I'll try to let you know how it is. I found mine at HyVee in case anyone has one nearby them.

It was about $26 if I remember correctly. I'm by no means a skilled taster, but I'll try to let you know how it is. I found mine at HyVee in case anyone has one nearby them.

Ha, Iowa is Hyvee land(I think thats where they are based out of. Im in Madison, WI and we just had three two Hyvees (which is a new chain for us) open in the last year. They are really nice. Ill have to swing by and check them out to see if I can find this.

It's a decent swill actually. I bought it for the novelty of it but it actually beats out Famous Grouse and JW Red for me.

I doubt very much I'll ever see that on the shelves up here in N.B but if I do I know what I'm buying.

Ha, Iowa is Hyvee land(I think thats where they are based out of. Im in Madison, WI and we just had three two Hyvees (which is a new chain for us) open in the last year. They are really nice. Ill have to swing by and check them out to see if I can find this.

Do it! I prefer HyVee to WalMart. Those are our two big grocery stores around here. HyVee is generally more expensive, but more friendly and usually has a better hot sauce and salsa selection plus they usually have a HyVee Wine and Spirits attached with a pretty decent selection or at least better than WalMart.

It's a decent swill actually. I bought it for the novelty of it but it actually beats out Famous Grouse and JW Red for me.

I agree. I totally though it was just going to be a gimmick and didn't have high expectations for it. I finally tried it tonight and I've never tried Famous Grouse, but it is definitely better than JW Red. It sips easily; it is nice and mellow with just enough bite to it to let you know it's still a 'man's drink'. I'd put it with regular Glenfiddich and Glenmorangie (I hope that isn't blasphemous).

Last edited:
Top Bottom