What's new

Feather Artist Club Pass Around/Tour

Greetings B&Bers,

I have a couple non-folding Feather Artist Club razors that I bought, tried, and have finally decided to just stick with my Cobra Classic. However, I know these razors - soulless as they may be
:blushing: - garner some intrigue within the community and I wanted to offer an opportunity for others to try them if they have interest. I provide the razors and the blades, and you are responsible for shaving yourself.

THE RULES (borrowed from our own Texbilly)
Gents, nothing but a bit of common courtesy here, meant to keep the tour fair, fun and safe. :wink2:

1. Participants are required to have been a member of B&B for a minimum of 3 months and be an active member of the community in good standing. :angel: Please send me a PM if you are interested in being on the list.

2. The first round of the tour will be limited to the CONUS so that members are not having to deal with customs and excessive shipping costs. If the CONUS tour runs its course I might consider letting the Feathers fly far and wide.

3. Please limit your time with the gear to no more than 10 days. This should be enough time for some quality shaves and impressions. There will be exceptions, and if you know ahead of time your schedule will be limited (e.g., vacation, job constraints, travel) please let me know so we can adjust the order. When you have the razor and your turn is nearing its end, please contact the next member on the list so you can obtain their shipping information and keep the momentum going.

4. The package contains 1 Feather RG razor, 1 Feather SS razor, 1 20-pack of Kai Mild blades, 1 15-pack of Feather ProGuard blades, 1 20-pack of Feather Professional blades and a case to hold it all. (Also includes instructions.) While I can often get close to 10 shaves with each blade, members are invited to try one of of each type of blade if they wish.

5. I am shipping the razors clean and sterilized. Please do the same before shipping them off to the next member. Soapy hot water, Barbicide or Scrubby Bubbles are fine. Boiling water and bleach/chlorine will ruin the razors so please refrain. :crying:

6. The case with all of the gear fits perfectly in a small Priority Mail flat rate box. You do not have to use Priority Mail, but I am requesting if you want to participate in the tour you be willing to insure the package for at least $200. (I believe it is $8.85 total.) This will allow me to replace at least one of the razors should USPS lose the package.

7. Communicate! Post in this thread or PM me as needed if you have questions. It is never fun to track you down if you are in possession of some expensive toys.

8. Share your impressions with your fellow B&B members.

9. Have fun.... :thumbup:

The tour list as of today is as follows:

MilkyLee (package en route)
TimS
Chaloney
jpcwon
cpacamper
garyg
ACorazza
Silver
ElliotR
KW Driver

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome! I'm really looking forward to this. Thanks for your generosity in sharing your razors and blades with us!

Thanks for doing this, Michael. I am very much looking forward to trying one of these. Can anyone point me towards information on the different blades?

Wow this is a very generous offer. I enjoyed the Cobra tour and would look forward to this package arriving on my doorstep.

Can anyone point me towards information on the different blades?

Many thanks to Brian for posting the blade information. Everyone's experience will vary, but I would categorize the Kai Milds between the Feather Professionals and ProGuard blades.

Last edited:
Hi Guys,

I would definitely be interested in taking part in this...Very generous of you, Michael!! Thank you for doing this!!

JP

EDIT: Looks like my name's already on the list...looking forward to it!! :)

Many thanks to Brian for posting the blade information. Everyone's experience will vary, but I would categorize the Kai Milds between the Feather Professionals and ProGuard blades.

I was hoping to find an image similar to the Feather blades' one, but I couldn't.
As well as probably dozens of threads here on B&B, there's some info here on the Kais:

http://www.kai-group.com/global/en/biz/beautycare_shaving_captaintitanmild.html

Don't forget there are also Dorco blades which fit these, as well as Samsung blades too, I believe. I think you'd need contacts in Korea to get those two though!

Received the package last night and will begin using them this morning. I will most likely have these packaged up and ready to go to the next person in line (TimS) on Saturday. When I ship them I will post the tracking number in this thread.

Thanks again to Michael (poonjaji) for letting us have a chance with these lovelies!

Looking forward to it!

+1!!

I was just curious if anyone would object if I sent the razors via UPS to the next participant. Reason being; I am allowed to ship UPS for free from here at work, and I trust my shipping guys (and UPS) moreso than USPS. It would go ground, but likely wouldn't take too much longer than if it went in a USPS flat-rate box....The package would be obviously be insured for at least $200....

If not it's totally cool, I can ship USPS; I just figured it might be easier to do UPS from my end....Let me know :)

Please keep us posted on how you are liking your trial shaves with the Feather razors. I have a couple of them and they are two of my favorite razors. Look forward to hearing feedback from other members.

I have used the Feather SS non-folding for the past two mornings and all I can say is I love this razor. Nothing will replace my traditional straights, but this thing is a joy to use. I own the folding version and now after using the non-folding I can say I much prefer the non-folding version. I have owned traditional kamisori's in the past and never much cared for them, but something about the design and grip on this that makes it feel completely different than a traditional kamisori.

With all of that being said, does anyone want to trade a non-folding SS for my folding SS?:thumbup1: That's how much I like this razor!

I have used the Feather SS non-folding for the past two mornings and all I can say is I love this razor. Nothing will replace my traditional straights, but this thing is a joy to use. I own the folding version and now after using the non-folding I can say I much prefer the non-folding version. I have owned traditional kamisori's in the past and never much cared for them, but something about the design and grip on this that makes it feel completely different than a traditional kamisori.

With all of that being said, does anyone want to trade a non-folding SS for my folding SS?:thumbup1: That's how much I like this razor!

Which blade did you use in the Feather SS?

Member added.

MilkyLee (shaving)
TimS
Chaloney
cpacamper
garyg
ACorazza
Silver
ElliotR
KW Driver
mvol

Last edited: