What's new

Feather Artist Club Pass Around/Tour

Thank you for your help, your answer is crystal clear and I finally took this difficult decision by following your advice and explanation! I'll go for the KAI with Japanese handle first, and then in the next months I'll look to expand my collection with a feather model, probably the ss itself (just out of curiosity).
Thank you very much!

Congrats! I hope you enjoy the new razor. Please keep us posted on your experience.

Hello -

I recently purchased a folding Feather Artist Club, but wanted to try out the non-folding style so I remained on the pass around tour. After a couple of shaves, I must say I enjoy the non-folding as well.

Overall, I find the professional blades best. The pro guard cut my face to shreds (go figure). All and all an excellent shave. My feather is my daily shaver as I get the smooth shave of a straight without the time requirement of stropping etc....

Dropped the box in the mail today. Thanks Poonjaji for including me in the pass around!

Razors are in hand! Thanks again Mike for the opportunity to give these a go. I really appreciate it! I have sucker_dad's info to send them along when I'm done with them. I'll update with a report and a tracking number when they go out.

Hello -

I recently purchased a folding Feather Artist Club, but wanted to try out the non-folding style so I remained on the pass around tour. After a couple of shaves, I must say I enjoy the non-folding as well.

Overall, I find the professional blades best. The pro guard cut my face to shreds (go figure). All and all an excellent shave. My feather is my daily shaver as I get the smooth shave of a straight without the time requirement of stropping etc....

Dropped the box in the mail today. Thanks Poonjaji for including me in the pass around!
Woo hoo
Razors are in hand! Thanks again Mike for the opportunity to give these a go. I really appreciate it! I have sucker_dad's info to send them along when I'm done with them. I'll update with a report and a tracking number when they go out.

I let sucker_dad know, but I figured I should probably update the thread as well so the happenings are known with the razors. I may have to hold on to them for a couple extra days. When I received them, there was only one Pro blade left. I didn't want to use it then pass them along with none of the Pro blades, so I ordered some, but they aren't due to reach me until the end of the week. I'll get them sent out and post tracking as soon as the blades come in.

I let sucker_dad know, but I figured I should probably update the thread as well so the happenings are known with the razors. I may have to hold on to them for a couple extra days. When I received them, there was only one Pro blade left. I didn't want to use it then pass them along with none of the Pro blades, so I ordered some, but they aren't due to reach me until the end of the week. I'll get them sent out and post tracking as soon as the blades come in.
Very nice of you. I am good with waiting a little extra. [emoji106]

Big thanks to jtyson for buying some blades for the tour. That was never my intention for any participant, but I do appreciate it. The razors will be coming home for a visit after D33K4Y, but after jtyson's kindness they will have to go out for another round. Participation details are in the first post.

sucker_dad (awaiting delivery)
D33K4Y

On deck after a visit home:
tclobaugh
buffalo

Thanks.

OK I know I said I'd wait until I got a couple of shaves in, but I just couldn't so here are my initial thoughts while I wait for a couple of weepers to quit.... well, weeping. This thing really is nicely built. It is sharp, like the sharpest blade I have ever experienced sharp.

I went into this shave like any when I really want a good shave. Nice hot shower,face lathered up my soap of the day. MWF in this case. I used the RG with the gray handle and a feather pro blade. I liked the weight of it and was able to maneuver pretty well. I made it through the first pass with only only 1 small weeper. No big deal, what's all the fuss? 2nd pass I got a little bolder and suddenly realized I had mowed every little imperfection on my face clean off. This thing is so sharp I hadn't even noticed. I really loved the shave, regardless. It is the smoothest shave I have ever achieved. I would say I should have skipped the 3rd pass. But at this point it was go big or go home. I even attempted the dreaded South to North on my upper lip. Almost made it. All in all, a great first time.

OK I know I said I'd wait until I got a couple of shaves in, but I just couldn't so here are my initial thoughts while I wait for a couple of weepers to quit.... well, weeping. This thing really is nicely built. It is sharp, like the sharpest blade I have ever experienced sharp.

I went into this shave like any when I really want a good shave. Nice hot shower,face lathered up my soap of the day. MWF in this case. I used the RG with the gray handle and a feather pro blade. I liked the weight of it and was able to maneuver pretty well. I made it through the first pass with only only 1 small weeper. No big deal, what's all the fuss? 2nd pass I got a little bolder and suddenly realized I had mowed every little imperfection on my face clean off. This thing is so sharp I hadn't even noticed. I really loved the shave, regardless. It is the smoothest shave I have ever achieved. I would say I should have skipped the 3rd pass. But at this point it was go big or go home. I even attempted the dreaded South to North on my upper lip. Almost made it. All in all, a great first time.

I loved reading your post man. Go big or go home! Even the South to North lip burner! True Contender! I love it! You got me all excited for my shave tomorrow! Even though I will not be contending for the heavyweight belt as you did today. LOL But, I know all about those "I should have skipped the 3rd pass" shaves as a new guy,lol. But, its when you cant hold off and shave again in 16 hours after these shaves that the real problems set in. :lol: Good ol' Clubman Pinaud will tighten ya right up! Love that stuff....Thanks to you! :thumbup:

I got a little bolder and suddenly realized I had mowed every little imperfection on my face clean off....I even attempted the dreaded South to North on my upper lip. Almost made it..

Been there, done that. I hope your nose was not one of those little imperfections you mowed off. ; )

Top Bottom