What's new

Feather Artist Club Pass Around/Tour

Hi Michael,

I just wanted to see if I could kindly be taken off the list. I have decided to puchase a Feather SS non-folding! I am very excited...thank you so much, though, for the offer...hope everyone has a good time with this!!

Hi Michael,

I just wanted to see if I could kindly be taken off the list. I have decided to puchase a Feather SS non-folding! I am very excited...thank you so much, though, for the offer...hope everyone has a good time with this!!

Nice move JP, you're in for a treat! Third morning in a row I have had a great experience with this razor, I tried the Kai blade this morning and was less than impressed with it, but the razor itself is phenomenal. If I hadn't just spent a bunch of money at italianbarber.com I would have one it's way as well. Once you receive it let us know how you like it.

Nice move JP, you're in for a treat! Third morning in a row I have had a great experience with this razor, I tried the Kai blade this morning and was less than impressed with it, but the razor itself is phenomenal. If I hadn't just spent a bunch of money at italianbarber.com I would have one it's way as well. Once you receive it let us know how you like it.

Will do!! I just know SO many people that rave about the non-folding SS, so I decided that it's something I would like to own...Can't wait! And I willl definitely post my experiences!

Have the Feather DX myself. If I had tried this right after using DEs I might not have even gone on to regular straights. It's that good. Italian Barber is having a very nice sale on them now, that's for sure.

Razors and blades are on their way to TimS. Package is in a small flat rate box and insured for $200. Here is the tracking number: 9405909699939478881454

Package arrived safely. I only had a minute to check things out before leaving the house again--that's some quality hardware in that package!

I should be able to start testing Saturday morning-should be fun! I'll report back my impressions.

I was able to get my first shave in this morning; Feather RG and Professional blade. In a word, 'wow'! Very, very close shave, and very easy to maneuver. I did nick myself once, and I have a couple of weepers, but I managed a BBS shave without additional touch up (I usually have to do the jawline once more after my third 'regular' pass, but not this time).

Compared to the traditional kamisori I tried a few months ago, this was a bit more forgiving in that I didn't have to worry about a sharp point slicing my cheek, like I did previously.

The maneuverability on my neck is also a big plus; I have trouble with my ATG (W-E) passes on my my neck, and even though I didn't go for an exact ATG pass (too tired to concentrate that much), my neck is definitely much smoother than normal.

I'm looking forward to trying the same blade in the SS next, to see what the difference is.

Thanks again for letting me do this!

Last edited:
I'm in. I've been using Weck, Personna, and Fromm hair shapers but I've read about how great the Feather Artist Club is. I do want to try all 3 blades, and for me that means I'll be able to pass it after a week.

One question: Is anyone able to shave their neck back-to-front with these? I can do my cheeks and jaws in any direction and my neck top-to-bottom/bottom-to-top, but I just can't maneuver for back-to-front with even a folding unit, let alone a non-folding one.

This morning I used the same Pro blade in the SS. To tell you the truth, I didn't see much of a difference, if any, between today's and yesterday's shave with the other razor. I had a very, very close shave with a couple of weepers on the neck. I did manage to nick myself, however, with the outside corner of the blade--I got complacent and wasn't paying attention as well as I should have been, and used pressure when I shouldn't have. The nick was pretty superficial compared to similar ones I've done with my Red Imp; the Feather's minimal blade exposure kept the blade from slicing too deep. The nick cleared up after application of ASB--I bled like a stuck pig for quite a while after the Red Imp 'nick'.

I'm thinking one of these would make a great travel razor. I enjoy the normal routine of using a western straight, but the convenience of the Feather is very nice.

The next couple of days I'll pick one of the other blades to try out and report back on.

Poonjaji--where did you get the case you shipped the razors and blades in? If I bought a Feather, I'd be interested in this type of case. Wasn't sure if it came with the razor, or if you bought separately.
Thanks,
Tim

Poonjaji--where did you get the case you shipped the razors and blades in? If I bought a Feather, I'd be interested in this type of case. Wasn't sure if it came with the razor, or if you bought separately.
Thanks,
Tim

+1

Thanks,
Tim

Purchased separately. I do not believe they are currently listed on his website, but it came from razorbladesandmore.com. Here is a link I found online referencing it: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=195772773852814&id=121954044526608

Yesterday was a no-shave day, so two days' growth today. I also wanted to test a razor I honed last night, so I shaved with both the Feather SS and the Torrey straight this morning.

I loaded the Feather with one of the Kai blades provided. I'd say the shave was as close as the ones with the Feather Pro blade, but not quite as aggressive. One weeper on Adam's apple (trouble spot), but nowhere else. I guess I'd have to look into longevity tests between the two blades to decide which of the two I'd buy if I get a Feather. If the Kai's edge lasted as long as the Pro's, I'd probably lean toward the Kai. Of course, this is just one shave; I'll try the Kai tomorrow in the other Feather to see how that goes.

I used the Kai blade in the RG this morning (again, 1/2 of the face, since I was testing another straight). Another fine shave. Much like I couldn't find much of a difference between the Kai and Pro blades, I'm not really feeling a difference between the RG and SS razors either. Maybe it's just me, but they all perform very nicely for me.

Since this exercise for me personally was to find out if I liked this style of razor and test some blades and I've achieved my goal with both, I don't think I'll test the other blades (Pro guard). One more shave tomorrow morning and then I'll disinfect the razors and get them in the mail on Thursday. Chaloney, I'll PM you the tracking number when I ship.

Thanks again to Poonjaji for letting us do this--I really appreciate being able to try this stuff before investing the $$ in it. You've put a lot of trust in us to take care of your hardware and to let us use your expensive blades--thanks for your generosity!
Tim

I got two more shaves in (same Kai blade) before shipping the package off this morning. Yesterday I rushed things a bit and paid for it with a few weepers. This morning's shave was much more civilized and comfortable.

I see a Feather kamisori in my future; I really liked this razor.

Top Bottom