What's new

Feather Artist Club Pass Around/Tour

Ok. Round 2. Used the SS again but with the Feather Pro blade. I found this blade to be a lot smoother than the captain. No tugging at all, and it sliced right through my 2 day growth.

Then it went south on me. I don't blame the tool as it was doing a nice job. It's purely my inexperience. A momentary lack of attention, carelessness, and/or false confidence and I now have a significant chunk of skin gone from beneath my nose. Shook me enough that I lightly cut my chin as well finishing up. But I did finish that second pass.

End result after 2 WTG passes - almost a DFS but a huge cut and a small cut. Less overall cuts than last time :)

I plan to try the RG next with the Feather Pro blade. I'll be avoiding my upper lip and chin area for now to let them heal and since I'm really trying to learn about the razor and not perfect my technique (not enough time to do that in 10 days)

That's it for now. More to come...

The RGs weight is definitely a factor, and it does not have the "bump" for the lack of a better word near the edge. Just keep that in mind, enjoy.

Just gave my info. I'm next in line for the tour! I cannot wait as this will be my first time with a straight. It will be end of next week, but I'm excited none the less.

I'd recommend getting an extra steptyc pencil. :)

Seriously though, take your time and watch some of the technique videos and you should be fine. I survived and I'm not known for my dexterity.

Three members added. Please contact me via PM if you have interest in participating. Details are in the first post.

tclobaugh (shaving)
buffalo
lloydrm
RSP1
AZBronco

Thanks.

Last edited:
I had planned to try the RG today when I could take my time and today turned into one of THOSE days. I hope to get to it tomorrow. Plan to ship it out Monday whether I do or not.

I'm really looking forward to trying these out. I've been curious about them for a long time now.

My experience with them was better than expected. I was surprised that I preferred the SS over the RG. The angles you can get without the folding handle (scales). Now I'm back to my traditional straights, but have actually learned from the use without the scales and applied it as much as I can.

Excited and scared. Should get the package today. So tonight will be the first time with any kind of straight razor.

Wow. Now that was awsome! I must say, I had the general problems. Small slit below my left side burn(must say my error). And a couple weepers on my bottom lip. All in all, normal first mistakes.
I do believe I have a new addition. I cannot wait to try this again. Very smooth. It wasn't as complex as I thought a straight would be. I didn't use the feather blade. But I plan of it after 1-2 more shaves.
Now to find a straight and starter strop.

Glad to hear it worked for you. It is amazing what it can do - 2 WTG passes with my inexperienced hands produced a shave on par with my DE 3 pass shave (WTG, XTGx2) with no touchups.

Wow. Now that was awsome! I must say, I had the general problems. Small slit below my left side burn(must say my error). And a couple weepers on my bottom lip. All in all, normal first mistakes.
I do believe I have a new addition. I cannot wait to try this again. Very smooth. It wasn't as complex as I thought a straight would be. I didn't use the feather blade. But I plan of it after 1-2 more shaves.
Now to find a straight and starter strop.

Which razor did you use first? Also a traditional straight is a bit different.

I used the razor that has the darker handle. I had a decent face shave two nights ago. So last night to give my face a break I decided to shave my head. Wow. Not a smidgen of blood. While not as smooth as my de shave. 5he closeness was probably my fault because I went a little to shallow. That was a three weeks worth of growth. It mowed the hair like it was two day stubble. I guess I can admit it. I'm hooked. Now just gotta get spending money permission from the wife.

I used the razor that has the darker handle. I had a decent face shave two nights ago. So last night to give my face a break I decided to shave my head. Wow. Not a smidgen of blood. While not as smooth as my de shave. 5he closeness was probably my fault because I went a little to shallow. That was a three weeks worth of growth. It mowed the hair like it was two day stubble. I guess I can admit it. I'm hooked. Now just gotta get spending money permission from the wife.

Well at least you like the cheaper one. :)

Top Bottom