What's new

Winter Time At Badger and Blade

Winter Time at Badger and Blade

The Soap Edition

full

The temperature is beginning to drop, the leaves are falling, and old man winter has definitely awakened from his slumber. As the seasons change outside, many members find that their rotations in the den do as well. What the team would love to know, is what is being put to the back of the shelves, and what is coming to the front to get you through the long winter months. Warming scents to soothe the mind before taking on the harsh weather outside, and high moisturizing properties to keep your face prepared as well. So winter is here, how are you guys prepared?

Explore all of B&B as winter has hit almost the whole forum
and there is a lot more to catch up on around town!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well right now my soap for the winter is SCS Mochaccino. I won it in the Internation Coffee Day PIF, and am currently giving it the 3017 treatment. Warm choco-coffee goodness is great for a cold morning, and my face feels great.

Another great beverage-themed soap is Barrister and Mann's Cheshire. Tea, Earl Grey, Hot.

GFT Coconut cream, TOBS Grapefruit cream and DRH Arlington soap get put in the cupboard.

Out comes Marlborough, Tabac, and Speick shave sticks, and some oil-free Neutrogena face moisturizer I use at night a few times a week.

RR MF (thermal mud mmm). SCS Coconut shave soap and aftershave balm come out to play. Art of Shaving Sandalwood is nice this time of year. I also use a couple creams, Institite Karite and Proraso Sandalwood Shea. Once it gets below 35 degrees I prefer aftershaves with gycerin as an extra layer of protection from the elements.

To the back: anything with Lime. The menthol soaps aren't seeing too much action either

To the Front: MWF, Cella, AoS sandlewood,

In October I brought out the Tabac, Stirling Anise, and now I'm working through a tub of AoS Sandalwood. Next week I will start on the Marlborough and then MWF.

For post-shave care, if I don't have the matching ASB, then I use Lubriderm 3-in-1 followed by a splash.

This is my first "winter of shaving" so I'm not real sure what I'm going to be changing up at this point. I don't own a ton of products (and even fewer after I get around to a BST sell-off) but I've been using DRH Marlborough much more often and even the Burt's Bees aftershave balm is getting some use at this point with the colder weather.

As mentioned once before, Arlington will get a rest. Meanwhile, MWF and Tabac will get more use than they do in the warmer months for me.

I do follow something of a seasonal rotation at least in general terms. The lime, florals and menthol soaps & creams are stored. For fall I usually focus on Tabac and Bay Rum (Mike's). For winter I likely will continue those and I just added into rotation RazoRock Sandalwood. Of course some soaps like MWF don't really have seasonal scents so they are good all year.

My post-shave routine follows similarly. Face-freezing splashes, The Veg, and anything floral is shelved and bay rums, Old Spice, and Pinaud Special Reserve are getting called up. I usually switch to some moisturizing balms (Nivea, Afta, and homemade) more as temps and dryness dictates.

Nothing has physically been put to the back shelves. However, I find myself only wanting to use Synergy Pumpkin 3.14. Everything else I have is Fougere, Floral, or menthol. I'm wondering if DRH Windsor would scratch my winter itch as well.

Cade, MWF, C&E Sienna are my heavy winter soaps... although I have LaToja here for the first time this winter and I think it will come out lots too

MWF isnt the deepest richest scent for this season but its just so protective amd works so well with the dry weathrr amd blowing winds it gets used a lot

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I always manage to get my puck of Tabac out in the colder weather.

Mwf, Tabac, Marlborough, and Cella are my go to's this time of year.

I do have a sample of Mike's Peppermint and Rosemary that smells very Christmasy to me. I am saving it for Christmas morning.

My home made soaps (HMS) are resting for a few days before I start using them exclusively, in place of commercial soaps . Meanwhile, in honor of winter I'll start using Martin de Candre Fougere because it'll get me used to using the best, before I start using the BEST!

My home made soaps (HMS) are resting for a few days before I start using them exclusively, in place of commercial soaps . Meanwhile, in honor of winter I'll start using Martin de Candre Fougere because it'll get me used to using the best, before I start using the BEST!

Your very home made, home made? Wow!!! I am impressed!!

Proraso and QCS Key Lime were put away in late September, and out came La Toja, DRH Windsor, Mitchell's Wool Fat, and Tabac.

Top Bottom