What's new

Winter Time At Badger and Blade

DRH Marlborough will be seeing a lot more use, i think I only used it once this summer. B&M Nocturne too, though it is still waiting for its first use.

It's a matter of focus and frequency within rotations

• PRE-SHAVE: oil based (shave secret, jojoba), Proraso and Noxzema, over glycerine soap and gels
  • SOAP & CREAM: cold weather scents, heavier soaps, and perhaps more product: sandalwoods (Proraso, Honeybee) samples of Stirling anise, black cherry, pipe tobacco, well dressed man, L'Occitane Cade, Haslinger Schaffmilch, Figaro cream from Hungary.
  • AS: More Clubman Special Reserve in the AS rotation. I just got some Proraso AS, so, while that strikes me as summery, I'm jazzed by it so its time is now. A little heavier on the ASB.
  • HAIR & SCALP: more leave in hair and scalp moisturizer (jojoba oil, Burts Bees Hand Salve).
  • PREP: I'm looking for a steam room or sauna in which I can sweat, thoroughly relax, perhaps apply some pre-shave oils (eucalyptus, menthol, Vics VapoRub). It might be fun to shave there in the heat too, although I don't know where I could do that. Hop out, shave, go in the sauna again till I can't take it anymore, then cold shower. The sauna is my old remedy/pleasure to keep the winter blues at bay, my back relaxed and limber, colds and flus avoided or shortened. It strikes me now, too, as an ideal shaving prep.

Last edited:
Mystic Water Mysore Sandalwood, Adirondack Jack; Mike's Vetiver, Pine & Cedarwood, and Bay Rum; B&M Nocturne, Lime, Lavender & Cedarwood, and Vetiver, Heather & Clary Sage; Petal Pusher Fancies Briar and Ciderhouse-Five; Synergy Cavendish and Pumpk'n 3.14.

I'm rotating my C.O. Bigelow to the back along with the My Time Bath and Body Menthol 10 and bringing out the Cella and AOS sandalwood. The Cella and AOS are the only soaps I have at the moment anyway so it's fitting to be in this part. :p

I find I use the fat more in winter

proxy.php

Interesting to see how many choose their winter gear for the scents, and how many choose for performance reasons

Thanks for taking part in the thread guys, keep it coming

Mystic Water Mysore Sandalwood, Adirondack Jack; Mike's Vetiver, Pine & Cedarwood, and Bay Rum; B&M Nocturne, Lime, Lavender & Cedarwood, and Vetiver, Heather & Clary Sage; Petal Pusher Fancies Briar and Ciderhouse-Five; Synergy Cavendish and Pumpk'n 3.14.
I just ordered a shavestick of Synergy Cavendish. How is it? I work in a pipe/cigar shop so the scent was too intriguing to pass up

Due to too many choices, the MWF sits in the dark during summer months but gets increasing used in winter, especially during Jan-March. Tabac comes in second.

Really the only change for me is a switch to ASBs from splashes. Everything else is fair game. And because I thoroughly enjoy the scent of Windsor, I'm using that regularly these days...

Last winter it was QCS Sandlewood "croap" :001_wub:
I am going to be tearing into a puck of Tabac for the first time for this winter. Looking forward to trying this iconic product.

This is my first winter shaving with DE. My skin dries out in the cooler months but I don't really care for the way aftershave balms make my skin feel so I bought a few artisan soaps that make my skin feel great. Now that I've experienced them, I'll probably just use them year round.

Top Bottom