What's new

Have you ever written your own set of pen instructions?

I'm giving my goddaughter a Pilot Metropolitan for Christmas this year, with some cartridges. If she likes the pen, I can tell her how to fill it from a bottle, but I think cartridges are less threatening at first. And she may not like it, after all.

The pen has come in from Goulet's, and it looks very nice in its display box. There are no instructions with it, though, so I think I'll write my own little instruction sheet. Just the basics, angle, pressure, how to fill it.

Has anyone else done this, writing a personalized set of instructions when giving a pen as a gift? It might not be a bad idea, even if the pen does include instructions on filling, just to write a small supplement for the benefit of someone who has never used a fountain pen before.

I haven't, but "keep the shiny side of the nib facing up" is good advice that I've heard others give. That's a very thoughtful gift!

-Andy

I haven't, keep them simple and short would be my advice though, don't want to scare them into think uou need to be a rocket surgeon to use the thing...
Fill
Write
Flush

And lastly and most importantly
Enjoy

Hope its a big hit and they love it

What a very interesting idea to do! Sounds great and I hope your god-daughter enjoys the pen!

It would be great to see a pic of the instructions! :biggrin1:

Top Bottom