What's new

Feather SE Blades from Connaught Arrived!

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Luc, do you know if these would fit a Streamline?

No idea but my guess would be no as it does not fit a 1912, G-bar and Featherweight. I have a few other razors to try this with but I do not own a streamline. So far, it fits the valet no issues and the Contour, PushButton.

Luc was kind enough to pif three of the "blued" Feather blades he ordered from Thailand for me to try in my Pushbutton. I will report those blades are not very smooth, nor do they feel sharp. So much dragging, pulling, and skipping occurred on my first wtg pass on my left cheek that I decided to toss the blade,thinking it must be a dud. A dud it was, as was the second attempt with a new blade wtg on my right cheek.

Oh well. My gratitude to Luc for his kindnes.

If anyone would care to try the last one I have, pm me your information and I will send it to you. Fits a Countour, Pushbutton, not sure what else.

Luc

Staff member
Luc was kind enough to pif three of the "blued" Feather blades he ordered from Thailand for me to try in my Pushbutton. I will report those blades are not very smooth, nor do they feel sharp. So much dragging, pulling, and skipping occurred on my first wtg pass on my left cheek that I decided to toss the blade,thinking it must be a dud. A dud it was, as was the second attempt with a new blade wtg on my right cheek.

If anyone would care to try the last one I have, pm me your information and I will send it to you. Fits a Countour, Pushbutton, not sure what else.

I think it's a bummer as the stainless steel version is a very different story!

Luc

Staff member
The Feather blade fits in my Star Lathercatcher no issues.

Luc also sent me some of these blades.
I can second your observations.

Not sharp at all, just an uncomfortable tugging blade resulting in a less than satisfying shave.
Actually, that shave was rough and my skin felt rough for a couple of days.

Hard to belive this would be an actual Feather product!

Thanks to Luc for giving me the chance to experience these blades firsthand though!

Luc also sent me some of these blades.
I can second your observations.

Not sharp at all, just an uncomfortable tugging blade resulting in a less than satisfying shave.
Actually, that shave was rough and my skin felt rough for a couple of days.

Hard to belive this would be an actual Feather product!

Thanks to Luc for giving me the chance to experience these blades firsthand though!
Makes me wonder if Luc received faux Feathers!

Luc

Staff member
Unless there's a Feather black market, I believe they are the real thing. I could always scan the packaging

The blue feathers are real. They tug pretty bad, even after stropping they're pretty tuggy. I believe they're meant for trimming rather than shaving.

Strangely Feather also make a blued steel DE blade which seems from all accounts to be just as tuggy.

Top Bottom