What's new

Ex-Lurkers please sign in and tell us what finally made you join B&B .

I've been lurking for a couple of weeks. I never normally feel compelled to join in any discussions, but something about this forum has drawn me in. I think this may be the 1st time I've ever written a (sort-of) introduction post!

I may not be one of the members with 1'000s of posts, I'm generally pretty quiet, but I think I'll definitely hang around for a while. The information here is top notch and the gents (and ladies of course) seem to have a friendly disposition that I've not really found on other forums.

Cheers.

I don't know if the couple weeks I've been hanging around count as lurking but I've been intending to get into DE shaving for more than a year. I'm generally weary of joining forums because I feel bad when my participation wanes and I disappear completely. I work at sea so I don't have the luxury of around the clock internet (or even cellular data) most of the time. I ultimately decided even if I can only check in every so often it will still be much more useful to get tips and find information from within the community than from without. I've actually found using the forums search bar to be quite difficult (I often do a google search to find relevant B&B posts instead) so now I can ask for direction and advice directly rather than search in frustration. Either way, it will be nice to have people to relate the new wet shaving experience with as I don't know any in immediate proximity to me. So yeah, I'm a noob and I'm excited.

I had been looking up reviews on different razors and every time B&B came up. The site had great resources for basically everything that somebody would need to know in order to start wet shaving. I decided to join and must admit I am happy I did so. The various forums are great and the community is very welcoming as a whole. I am starting to check up here more than other social media sites.

This was pretty much my experience. I was sick of paying so much for cartridges and was looking for less expensive ones. Almost every search brought up B&B. Lurked for a while, improved my technique and finally took the plunge and picked up a DE razor, blades, soap and brush. I joined so I could ask questions as I was learning; everyone has been very polite and helpful. I think that - how polite, helpful (and generous) - the membership is has been a pleasant surprise. Thanks all!

Finally decided to get into wet shaving, and I found myself coming back here again and again to do research. Now I think you folks may have gotten me into fountain pens as well.

Hi Alex: Great post, my friend. I think I lurked for about a week or two before officially joining B&B back in April 2012. I was amazed with B&B's friendliness and wealth of information on wet shaving.

WARHAWK

I joined because I'm sick of the crap shaves I get with cartridges. It didn't seem right getting all this info without acknowledging the awesome members of the forum. Once I get some more experience, I would also like to take advantage of the B/S/T
At this rate, you will be on BST real soon..:wink2:.

I joined when I got a sudden re-interest in wet shaving. Something like 4 years ago, I honestly can't recall how long it's been, I got fed up with cost of cartridge razors and went looking for a better way. Did a bunch of research and switched to DE wet shaving. Had a pretty frustrating beginning, but I learned a lot and stuck with it. After a month I was doing ok, not frustrated, so I just kind of continued on like that lurking now and again here and at shavemyface. Then on a recent shopping trip to the big city with the wife I couldn't find DE blades anywhere. Wallmart, Target, Winco, CVS, nothing. Went to WCS to order some blades, which brought up some questions, which lead me to search on the net for some answers. Most of the info I found was here or at shavemyface. I liked the look of B&B better and it had higher member count, active members, etc over shavemyface so I registered.

And I'm glad I did register. You guys are real gents. Friendly, helpful and mellow. So far. :wink2:
We hope this time your re interest is permanent.

I joined because I'm sick of the crap shaves I get with cartridges. It didn't seem right getting all this info without acknowledging the awesome members of the forum. Once I get some more experience, I would also like to take advantage of the B/S/T

I've been lurking for a couple of weeks. I never normally feel compelled to join in any discussions, but something about this forum has drawn me in. I think this may be the 1st time I've ever written a (sort-of) introduction post!

I may not be one of the members with 1'000s of posts, I'm generally pretty quiet, but I think I'll definitely hang around for a while. The information here is top notch and the gents (and ladies of course) seem to have a friendly disposition that I've not really found on other forums.

Cheers.
You may have little words but ton of quality.....:thumbup1:

I don't know if the couple weeks I've been hanging around count as lurking but I've been intending to get into DE shaving for more than a year. I'm generally weary of joining forums because I feel bad when my participation wanes and I disappear completely. I work at sea so I don't have the luxury of around the clock internet (or even cellular data) most of the time. I ultimately decided even if I can only check in every so often it will still be much more useful to get tips and find information from within the community than from without. I've actually found using the forums search bar to be quite difficult (I often do a google search to find relevant B&B posts instead) so now I can ask for direction and advice directly rather than search in frustration. Either way, it will be nice to have people to relate the new wet shaving experience with as I don't know any in immediate proximity to me. So yeah, I'm a noob and I'm excited.

Orlando, what do you do at sea?

Hi Alex: Great post, my friend. I think I lurked for about a week or two before officially joining B&B back in April 2012. I was amazed with B&B's friendliness and wealth of information on wet shaving.

WARHAWK
Thanks Mel, you have great posts and answers too.

To be honest, I lurked until I saw something in the BST that I wanted. There is also a ton of information here and a ton of knowledgable people here. This place is filled with a lot of nice people too, some of the nicest in the world.

To be honest, I lurked until I saw something in the BST that I wanted. There is also a ton of information here and a ton of knowledgable people here. This place is filled with a lot of nice people too, some of the nicest in the world.

That is true, this place has a knowledgeable shave related membership that is willing to do research and share their findings, some places charge a fee for this wealth of info, but not here.

I lurked for a couple of years. I finally joined for two reasons. First, every time I had a shaving question I realized I ended up here. But more importantly is the respect everyone shows each other in the forums, especially the number of fine gentlemen who are always happy to answer newbie questions. It's a great community!

I lurked for a couple of years. I finally joined for two reasons. First, every time I had a shaving question I realized I ended up here. But more importantly is the respect everyone shows each other in the forums, especially the number of fine gentlemen who are always happy to answer newbie questions. It's a great community!

It is one of the top notch places to hang out and chat away about shaving. I love it.

My intentions when I found this site was to find out more information wet shaving. I was delightfully surprised to find all the other topics that we have going on here at B&B. I often check back throughout the day to see what's the latest thread and I enjoy reading everyone's opinions and suggestions. Cheers!

My intentions when I found this site was to find out more information wet shaving. I was delightfully surprised to find all the other topics that we have going on here at B&B. I often check back throughout the day to see what's the latest thread and I enjoy reading everyone's opinions and suggestions. Cheers!
At B&B, we never stop informing and helping............

Well for starters I hated being called a Lurker. But in order to actually interact with others and be a trusted member of the community I would have to do that introduction. All that being said, the community doesn't seem to be the normal internet lurkers and jerks, so why not hang with fellow good guys and a few good gals.

I finally had a question that I wasn't finding a rapid answer to on the boards already. When I started DE shaving four or so years ago I read a lot of the board, found what I needed and wandered off - even though folks were friendly to the few other women posting it still felt a bit like intruding and I'd gotten more than enough to really enjoy things. A friend, looking for info for a present for her father asked me about "that website with the stuff about shaving" and it got me rereading the board and reminded me how much fun it is. So I decided to join in and ask about long-handled brushes :)

I had seen far too much bickering happening in the forums I'd previously been a part of. I'd been coming to B&B for information for a while, but never participated. Today I had kind of a lame lathering problem that I was downright embarrassed to post anywhere else, but I knew I could post it here without being mocked. Or at least if I'm ever mocked here, it'll be a good natured mocking with friendliness behind it. Stuff like PIF for the unemployed, passaround boxes, and people weighing their razors to answer questions are things that I don't really see at other shaving sites because there's no trust there. Wish I'd joined sooner.

I found a fair bit of shaving related advice online, a lot of it from B&B.
I felt like I was taking knowledge without offering my views.
B&B also seemed like a really friendly forum.
It is.
I'm glad I joined.

Top Bottom