What's new

Ex-Lurkers please sign in and tell us what finally made you join B&B .

This website seemed like the most helpful one. Not to bash the other sites but I really liked the Guides that up on this on this, but maybe I just missed them if the others have them. Not to mention there seem to be some really decent people on here.
Thank you for your input, we are trying to get the lurkers to see how fun it is to come in and register which takes less than minute, but it is a lifetime of fun.

Every time I searched the internet for info on shave products B&B seemed to come up as the best resource. I decided to cut out the middle man and joined. I am glad I did.
We are glad you did too, we hope lurkers take the cue, and sign up.

I think I only lurked for about a day or two then signed up. Not a hard decision. :thumbup:
That may be the shortest lurk ever, it may be hard to beat.

I probably lurked for about a year before making my first post. My grandfather and father always beat into, I mean taught me that it was better to be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. So I sat down, shut up, and searched old topics/read the current posts and figured out how to do this whole wet shaving thing. After I built up a comfortable level of proficiency I decided to start posting and contribute to give back to the site that taught me so much and continues my education every day.
At B&B, the learning never stops, we are like a university of shave learning.:shaving::c6: and Spidey dancing ........:spidey:

I'm a newbie. I've been wet shaving for almost three weeks. The advice I've been reading keeps me coming back. And the people on this forum are more than willing to help out with advice. Now I look forward to shaving. Shaving is fun again!

And dont forget we are funner than most other sites too.......:a29::a50:

I joined the B&B because I wanted to learn more about vintage DE safety razors, different kinds of blades, soaps, creams, brushes, and wet shaving in general.
Thanks

Josh

As a lurker, I didn't have access to all the pictures (I needed the pictures!). I should have left well-enough alone: the pictures precipitated all manner of Acquisition Disorders!

As a side-effect, although I am fairly handy with search engines, I was able to ask noob questions and get real answers.

The best benefit, or curse, was the access to the Shaving Mall (and I have dropped some change there), as well as the Hobbyest/Vendor offerings (Thank you, Sam Durant - more than once - and Peter Wolf - brilliant colors and turnings).

No avatar or cool sig

I was reading so much on here that signing up just made sense, I'm not one of those people who spend their whole life online and this is one of just a handful of sites I use regularly.

The information on here cannot be found anywhere else in the same volume at all. Any time you search anything to do with wet shaving it brings you here.

I registered in 2006 I think, but participated very little. I just had a wet shaving experience improvement so I decided to say thanks. Than I found this topic and decided to do it here.
Before 2006 I was alternating electric razor and gillette 2-3 blades cartridges and having curly hair the result was always ingrown hairs. So deep that I used to dig around with a needle. Lookin for a solution I found this forum. I got convinced and started.
My life changed because I didn't have that issue anymore!

In the last 6-7 yeas I used a merkur progress, 200 Derby and Israeli persona blades, a cheap small badger brush, a few Taylor of old bond Street creams and a new proraso.

I found out that if want a bbs than I pay for it with 5 days of ingrown hairs, superficial, not as deep as before, but still annoying. Worse in winter than in summer. So my routine was shaving every two days, 2 passes wtg.

I was satisfied so I stopped following the forum.

This year I felt like my equipment needed an improvement so I came back to the forum to study reviews and bought a large silvertip fibre muhle brush that I love. Then I wanted to buy a vintage gillette superspeed , but I never found one in good condition for a reasonable price. In the end I bought an Edwin jagger barley chrome finish and 50 feathers blades.
The combination together with no pressure gives me the most comfortable shaves than ever! I also bought the new Taylor of old bond Street jermyn Street collection cream for sensitive skin and it's like aromatherapy! Now shaving it's so enjoyable that I shave everyday for pleasure!

So gentlemen thank you very much for solving a big problem for me and turning a daily obligation into a pleasure.

Like TADIII I also first registered to be able to see the pictures. I started posting once I began wet shaving, in order to join the great conversations I have seen going on here.

I lurked for about a year and a half before signing up. Just as a couple of the others said, whenever I searched for information on a shaving-related topic, a lot of the most relevant hits would be on B&B. That led to intermittently browsing the site, and eventually i decided I might as well contribute.

That may be the shortest lurk ever, it may be hard to beat.

I'm a fairly gregarious person in case you couldn't see it bleeding through in my posts :lol:

BTW, I just bought another Fatip (this one a Piccolo with a Weber handle :w00t:) - I really need to post pictures once it comes in and get my ID Card from you over on 'that thread'.... :tongue_sm

I found this place less than a week ago. I joined because that's what I'm accustomed to. You see, I'm really big into electronic cigarettes, and much like wet shaving, there are 1000's or makes/models/flavors/techniques... How I got to where I am now with vaping (using e-cigs) was I joined a really good forum, did my research, and asked questions. This seemed to be that "really good forum" for wet shaving, because of the huge amount of information you guys cover here, and it seems like "the Vets" here are falling over each-other trying help newcomers, and make them feel welcome.

I didn't lurk very long. I think there were two reasons I joined.

First, I had been shopping for a razor. I was pretty much decided on the EJ DE89 based on reviews at Amazon but I was still researching. I found B&B, searched for mention of the DE89, and learned what I needed to know. So, I wanted to say thanks.

The other thing is, I think shaving is easy provided you know a few simple points that aren't so obvious to everyone. When I was researching the DE89 I saw posts from newbies in which I sensed apprehensions and a little fear. I want newbies to know that it's no big deal, that the beginner's decisions aren't critical, and the important thing is to just get started and practice until you get it. So I had to join and post my opinions.

I research anything before I buy it. And I was very keen on starting wet shaving. I had seen GeoFatboy's videos and knew this was the way to go. There were a bunch of products that I was considering getting and just about anything I googled came up on B&B. I cut out the middleman and just started searching the forums. As I did that, I realized the atmosphere here is much different than any forum I've ever been a part of. So I signed up and joined easily the best community of people teh internets has to offer.

I didnt lurk at all. When I got my Fatboy & Slim I knew I needed information. The first forum that showed up on Google was B&B. I registered & havent left.
Great place with Greater people!

As a lurker, I didn't have access to all the pictures (I needed the pictures!). I should have left well-enough alone: the pictures precipitated all manner of Acquisition Disorders!

As a side-effect, although I am fairly handy with search engines, I was able to ask noob questions and get real answers.

The best benefit, or curse, was the access to the Shaving Mall (and I have dropped some change there), as well as the Hobbyest/Vendor offerings (Thank you, Sam Durant - more than once - and Peter Wolf - brilliant colors and turnings).

No avatar or cool sig
Well atleast the disorder works in your favor, it gets you great shave gear.

I was reading so much on here that signing up just made sense, I'm not one of those people who spend their whole life online and this is one of just a handful of sites I use regularly.

The information on here cannot be found anywhere else in the same volume at all. Any time you search anything to do with wet shaving it brings you here.
There is a reason that the Google search brings you here. It means that we care for our members and they keep us relevant. In return we provide tips, info and fun for any shave related topic.

I registered in 2006 I think, but participated very little. I just had a wet shaving experience improvement so I decided to say thanks. Than I found this topic and decided to do it here.
Before 2006 I was alternating electric razor and gillette 2-3 blades cartridges and having curly hair the result was always ingrown hairs. So deep that I used to dig around with a needle. Lookin for a solution I found this forum. I got convinced and started.

In the last 6-7 yeas I used a merkur progress, 200 Derby and Israeli persona blades, a cheap small badger brush, a few Taylor of old bond Street creams and a new proraso.

I found out that if want a bbs than I pay for it with 5 days of ingrown hairs, superficial, not as deep as before, but still annoying. Worse in winter than in summer. So my routine was shaving every two days, 2 passes wtg.

This year I felt like my equipment needed an improvement so I came back to the forum to study reviews and bought a large silvertip fibre muhle brush that I love. Then I wanted to buy a vintage gillette superspeed , but I never found one in good condition for a reasonable price. In the end I bought an Edwin jagger barley chrome finish and 50 feathers blades.
The combination together with no pressure gives me the most comfortable shaves than ever! I also bought the new Taylor of old bond Street jermyn Street collection cream for sensitive skin and it's like aromatherapy! Now shaving it's so enjoyable that I shave everyday for pleasure!

So gentlemen thank you very much for solving a big problem for me and turning a daily obligation into a pleasure.
Please dont leave us again now that you found your shave nirvana with the EJ Barley and 50 Feathers. Continue to keep us posted.

Like TADIII I also first registered to be able to see the pictures. I started posting once I began wet shaving, in order to join the great conversations I have seen going on here.
So are you enjoying any great convos that you may want to link?

Why I joined (long):

I actually discovered Badger & Blade a few years ago when my sister bought me an AoS set with a badger brush, a tub of their shaving cream, and pre-shave oil. I was excited about the gift, mostly because the concept of "luxurious shaving" was completely foreign to me, and I was intrigued. But I had never heard of wet shaving, nor had any idea how to use my new equipment. So I did a quick Google search, found a posting on Badger & Blade talking about WTG, 2X WTG, and whole bunch of other abbreviations I didn't understand. I gave up, smeared some of the cream on my face with a brush (I didn't know anything about lathering) and got a semi-crappy shave with my Mach 3. After I finished up the pre-shave oil and shaving cream, bemused, I put my brush up on my medicine cabinet where it sat collecting dust until about a week ago. For whatever reason (immaturity probably) I never "got" what Badger & Blade was about.

Fast forward a few years, with a couple of kids and a whole lotta bad shaves in between, andI discover Badger & Blade again. This time however, I'm hooked. I only lurked for about a week before I joined. I got the basic wet shaving software and hardware, dusted off my brush, and started enjoying the best shaves of my life.

To me now, joining was a no-brainer. These forums are unlike almost any other Internet forums out there. With most forums I've joined (related to my other hobbies), I quickly lost interest. It seemed like the discussions always degraded into arguments and there were usually a couple of dominant members who were preachy and dogmatic about the way they thought things should be done. In other words, with most Internet foums the community experience seems lacking and I prefer to lurk. But with Badger & Blade, I don't get that vibe at all. And really, that makes sense... a community dedicated to gentelmanly pursuits had better have members who are gentleman.

This group is really special, because if there is one thing this world needs more of, it's civil discussion and strong communities. I suspect the reason I didn't get into Badger & Blade a few years ago was because I was still stuck trying to fit into the "modern" culture where Axe body spray is king. It wasn't until I had kids and worked for a few years that I understood that I really have an old soul; that many modern pursuits didn't really suit me. So here I am, with the only regret being that I didn't wake up and join a lot earlier. Cheers!

I lurked for about a year and a half before signing up. Just as a couple of the others said, whenever I searched for information on a shaving-related topic, a lot of the most relevant hits would be on B&B. That led to intermittently browsing the site, and eventually i decided I might as well contribute.

Why I joined (long):

I actually discovered Badger & Blade a few years ago when my sister bought me an AoS set with a badger brush, a tub of their shaving cream, and pre-shave oil. I was excited about the gift, mostly because the concept of "luxurious shaving" was completely foreign to me, and I was intrigued. But I had never heard of wet shaving, nor had any idea how to use my new equipment. So I did a quick Google search, found a posting on Badger & Blade talking about WTG, 2X WTG, and whole bunch of other abbreviations I didn't understand. I gave up, smeared some of the cream on my face with a brush (I didn't know anything about lathering) and got a semi-crappy shave with my Mach 3. After I finished up the pre-shave oil and shaving cream, bemused, I put my brush up on my medicine cabinet where it sat collecting dust until about a week ago. For whatever reason (immaturity probably) I never "got" what Badger & Blade was about.

Fast forward a few years, with a couple of kids and a whole lotta bad shaves in between, andI discover Badger & Blade again. This time however, I'm hooked. I only lurked for about a week before I joined. I got the basic wet shaving software and hardware, dusted off my brush, and started enjoying the best shaves of my life.

To me now, joining was a no-brainer. These forums are unlike almost any other Internet forums out there. With most forums I've joined (related to my other hobbies), I quickly lost interest. It seemed like the discussions always degraded into arguments and there were usually a couple of dominant members who were preachy and dogmatic about the way they thought things should be done. In other words, with most Internet foums the community experience seems lacking and I prefer to lurk. But with Badger & Blade, I don't get that vibe at all. And really, that makes sense... a community dedicated to gentelmanly pursuits had better have members who are gentleman.

This group is really special, because if there is one thing this world needs more of, it's civil discussion and strong communities. I suspect the reason I didn't get into Badger & Blade a few years ago was because I was still stuck trying to fit into the "modern" culture where Axe body spray is king. It wasn't until I had kids and worked for a few years that I understood that I really have an old soul; that many modern pursuits didn't really suit me. So here I am, with the only regret being that I didn't wake up and join a lot earlier. Cheers!
Better late than never. Congrats On having new family between joining B&B. I really enjoyed reading your journey to B&B. We dont argue and if we do, its in a polite manner. Kinda like a debate not fight. I hope that these character traits make you stay for the long term.

I didnt lurk at all. When I got my Fatboy & Slim I knew I needed information. The first forum that showed up on Google was B&B. I registered & havent left.
Great place with Greater people!

We are great like this guy
proxy.php

I joined because I'm sick of the crap shaves I get with cartridges. It didn't seem right getting all this info without acknowledging the awesome members of the forum. Once I get some more experience, I would also like to take advantage of the B/S/T

I joined when I got a sudden re-interest in wet shaving. Something like 4 years ago, I honestly can't recall how long it's been, I got fed up with cost of cartridge razors and went looking for a better way. Did a bunch of research and switched to DE wet shaving. Had a pretty frustrating beginning, but I learned a lot and stuck with it. After a month I was doing ok, not frustrated, so I just kind of continued on like that lurking now and again here and at shavemyface. Then on a recent shopping trip to the big city with the wife I couldn't find DE blades anywhere. Wallmart, Target, Winco, CVS, nothing. Went to WCS to order some blades, which brought up some questions, which lead me to search on the net for some answers. Most of the info I found was here or at shavemyface. I liked the look of B&B better and it had higher member count, active members, etc over shavemyface so I registered.

And I'm glad I did register. You guys are real gents. Friendly, helpful and mellow. So far. :wink2:

Last edited:
Top Bottom