What's new

Ex-Lurkers please sign in and tell us what finally made you join B&B .

Finally the suspense of having a good decent shave has gotten to me and now trying to get as much info as necessary to make it a good experience!

I stated doing shaving research about 6 months before finally joining B&B. Much of the information I sought was provided by B&B. They appeared to be the experts in the field. I remember the first thing I learned, How to read the date of a Gillette Slim Adj Razor. I had recently found my old DE razor, and learned that it was made in the second quarter of 1968. I was enlightened. Since then I have learned many things that 40+ years of shaving hadn't taught me. THANKS B&B!

$IMG_0547.jpg

Gillette N 2 Slim Adjustable

I stated doing shaving research about 6 months before finally joining B&B. Much of the information I sought was provided by B&B. They appeared to be the experts in the field. I remember the first thing I learned, How to read the date of a Gillette Slim Adj Razor. I had recently found my old DE razor, and learned that it was made in the second quarter of 1968. I was enlightened. Since then I have learned many things that 40+ years of shaving hadn't taught me. THANKS B&B!

View attachment 475482

Gillette N 2 Slim Adjustable
We are glad to help in any way.

I'm a big fan of old things made anew. I wear bow ties because I love them. I listen to records and not CDs. And I feel that things were just made better in the past. The same is likely true of DE shaving vs cartridges.
Also, as a teacher, I shiver when I think of paying 18 dollars for cartridges.

I am looking forward to (hopefully) enjoying shaving more..and every google search or youtube video mentioned B and B. So here I am.

Hello all, I've been lurking for about three months. I am very great full for this forum and the education I have received and continue to receive from all of its members. I finally decided to join because I've gotten to the point where I actually desire to contribute something to help new guys as well instead of just reading posts. I have a thick beard and relatively sensitive skin, I've been amazed at the quality of shaves with the proper equipment and technique. I have to shave daily due to my job and have gone from going through the motions and dreading shaving to very much enjoying the ritual. Thanks guy's!

I am a Barber . I came to the realization that I really needed to up my game with my shaving services. The barber school I attended didn't really teach quality in shaving, so my technic was in desperate need of improvement. Badger and Blade had some real helpful threads which brought almost instant improvement. I found my self wanting to ask questions and I was impressed with the maturity of the members, so joining B&B Was a no brainer. So happy to be a member.

P.S. I struggle with my spelling and punctuation, I hope y'all will have some patience with me as I am working hard to change my shortcomings. Thank you Ladies and gents.

Well after combing the internet for proper technique and how to information , it seemed every good link sent me here to BB.
So I figured I'd be a fool not to join. Today alone I learned so much :thumbup1:

I'm a big fan of old things made anew. I wear bow ties because I love them. I listen to records and not CDs. And I feel that things were just made better in the past. The same is likely true of DE shaving vs cartridges.

I am looking forward to (hopefully) enjoying shaving more..and every google search or youtube video mentioned B and B. So here I am.

Yes, Badger and blade is the premier shave site at this time.

I truely have no idea why I joined. :001_unsur I'm not a big people person and even now I read more than I post. But it's nice to be able to get involved when the mood suits me.

Like now! :thumbup:

Hello all, I've been lurking for about three months. I am very great full for this forum and the education I have received and continue to receive from all of its members. I finally decided to join because I've gotten to the point where I actually desire to contribute something to help new guys as well instead of just reading posts. I have a thick beard and relatively sensitive skin, I've been amazed at the quality of shaves with the proper equipment and technique. I have to shave daily due to my job and have gone from going through the motions and dreading shaving to very much enjoying the ritual. Thanks guy's!
So have you contributed yet?

Ok, ok..........you got me. So I lurked a little before joining and posting for the first time. That was tonight, coincidentally.

There's a thread here somewhere about this, but heck if it wasn't that Rick Harrison commercial that made me go........."dang why wouldn't I have thought of that years ago?". So instead of diving in on the MicroTouch.......I began researching. And researching. And researching. (my wife just looked over at me and said........let me guess, shaving forums again??) pfft!

In my research I found B&B and I could not be more thankful. I've learned so much in so little time thanks to all of the wonderful members here. I thank you all!

Would like to see some of your ties. .

Howdy guys i hav'nt logged on much but i do have a quick question and still kind of consider my self a FNG so if this is'nt the correct place to post this will one of the Admins please place it in the correct place. I have been using straight razors for a while and ive been curious lately at any point in time was there and Razor manufactures in the State of South Carolina? As this is where i live and would like to try and add a few from S.c. to my growing collection. Thank you all in advance for the help and advice.

~Frost

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Dear Ex-Lurkers:
I welcome you aboard the B & B (besides being enrolled in the fictional, sacred and utopian Order of Shavedom). Please feel free to come up to the promenade / sun deck & 'sit-a-spell'
proxy.php
and thank you for dis-engaging you're 'lurking device' (
proxy.php
...another member comes out from the mist).

attachment.php

And it sounds like all of you are off to a great start (and I have enjoyed reading all your stories too), and this Forum has the knowledge, ideas, and all around 'know-how' to assist in your Wet-Shaving experience (shaving nirvana and the Zen of Shaving [http://zenhabits.net/the-zen-of-shaving-how-a-double-edge-razor-can-change-your-life/]), ). In a nut-shell...your 'gonna' love it here. :thumbsup:

attachment.php
"An invisible thread connects [B & B members] who are destined to [post], regardless of time, place or circumstance. The thread may stretch, the post [may bend], but it will never break". Ancient Chinese Belief

Last edited:
Very new to the art, but I've been thinking about getting a kit together for a while. I was a long time electric razor (when I did shave) but I couldn't resist the appeal of the safety razors anymore. So glad I did. I've only been at it for a couple weeks, but I feel like I'm making progress well enough. I hadn't shave with a blade of any type for many years, so I expected a little struggle, but I'm definitely keeping at it. It's a very gratifying process that I enjoy very much. I'm hooked on it all, from the functional art of the razors, to the smells that remind me of visiting barber shops with my grandfather when I was young.

Top Bottom