What's new

Need an Ink recommendation

Gents,

I'm currently using a Pelican Blue mixed 50/50 with Private Reserve tanzanite. For a long time I off and on looked for an ink that wrote smoothly, was opaque, but had a vibrate "electric" blue without being too purpley. I've found that in this combination.

But it's gotta a couple of serious downsides. On good thick paper (like Black and Red notebooks) it doesn't bleed through badly, but it smudges horribly, even when dry. I can go back to a page three days later, and if I have to add notes where my writing hand would rub across the 3 day old ink, I'll get smudging my hand. Which then goes directly to my white shirt, where it refuses to leave no matter what the dry cleaner does.

In notebooks with thinner paper, it bleeds so badly I can't legibly use both side of the page. Granted, I like a heavy ink deposit, but I can't keep going with this stuff. Can anyone offer an alternate suggestion?

The pen has a "medium" nib from nibs.com. I like the width and amount of flow from this nib.

I'e had good luck with Lamy Blue. Also, surprisingly, Hero Blue in the bottle is a very nice pure blue. It feathers a fair bit, though, and is not water resistant.

Ok I have to ask, what would the cat be for?
I used to have (My first pen actually) a hero pen,... the converter blew up inside it, I got a bit of my ink on my finger one day and when I went to inspect why, ink went everywhere,... including on my cat. It was a popular tale er maybe tail... needless to say the blue mohawk cat has been with me ever since. Unless im flushing a pen.

Yeah ... No.

But, spring for a pitcher of beer and I'll tell you why the Lhasa apso refuses to go into the garage.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I used to have (My first pen actually) a hero pen,... the converter blew up inside it, I got a bit of my ink on my finger one day and when I went to inspect why, ink went everywhere,... including on my cat. It was a popular tale er maybe tail... needless to say the blue mohawk cat has been with me ever since. Unless im flushing a pen.

IIRC, the ink in question was Noodler's Baystate Blue ... or was that another episode from the life and times of "The Syngent Valdez"?

... well, a very roundabout way of suggesting Noodler's baystate blue as an electric and "opaque" ink you might like.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom