What's new

Pilot Metropolitan Users Step Inside

I started with one and used the supplied converter/flusher. It worked fine, but the sac got a little flat and squashed over t'ime. When I removed the converter and cleaned it the sac did return to normal.

While looking on an auction site I ended up purchasing another Metro and two Con20 converters. The pen from one vendor and the converters from another.

I have had problems with the converters in both Metro's. They leak. I did not have the problem with the supplied converter/flusher. Is this normal. Are the Con20's really for another model pen...they just fit the Metro? Are the Con50's better? Should I just stick with the converter/flushers?

Thanks for your input.

the con20's when new do require you to press pretty hard in order to get it to seat properly, I popped a con70 out of my CH912 and replaced it with a con20 and it works perfectly. I will say I thought at first it didnt fit as it was very loose, I did some googling and found it was a common problem as they fit so tight most people (Myself included) didnt actually press hard enough to get it into place. All Pilots that can take a Con of one kind can fit all the others although only certain ones have a big enough body to handle the con70,... which is a pain to use anyway.

Try pressing that little extra bit to make sure it seats,.. it should kind of snap into place and be very secure

For the record, I prefer the 20 to the 50 or 70, just because of flow, ease of use, and its kind of cool to be honest

Syngent: Thanks. Next time I clean one I'll try pressing harder and seeing if it "snaps" into place (versus snaps/cracks in two :) ).

Rockminer: Actually I wish I had bought one Con50 for my signature pen so I could monitor the ink level; but, as with so many of my decisions, I thought of that AFTER I made my purchase.

the con20's when new do require you to press pretty hard in order to get it to seat properly, I popped a con70 out of my CH912 and replaced it with a con20 and it works perfectly. I will say I thought at first it didnt fit as it was very loose, I did some googling and found it was a common problem as they fit so tight most people (Myself included) didnt actually press hard enough to get it into place. All Pilots that can take a Con of one kind can fit all the others although only certain ones have a big enough body to handle the con70,... which is a pain to use anyway.

Try pressing that little extra bit to make sure it seats,.. it should kind of snap into place and be very secure

Uhmmmm....No joke! I push on those suckers until I was sure that I would find ink all over the kitchen. But they did as you said and are now very secure. I doubt I'll be taking them off much so I need to flush them I just treat them like I would a P51.

Thanks for your advice.

Its the plastic inner ring to the con20,... it eases up a bit after a few uses though so no worries, the con50 and con70 have thin plastic walls where they snap in place, the con20 is a lot thicker so it doesnt give as much when snapping in

Believe me there was a real sense of anxiety when I was doing it it my 200 dollar pen lol

Got two Metros from two different vendors, but never had this problem. I suspect I received the CON50s after reading this discussion.

Anyone tried the Pelikan converter?
Cult pens recommend it for the Metro. I ordered one for a friend I gifted a Metro to, but no experience myself....

Top Bottom