What's new

Possibly Neverending Soap Passaround Box

Lane,

Nice write up. Is the Synergy the Vanetiver scent? Also, is the Cella the one that is in the red tub, or was it some of the big kilo brick?

It's funny, out of all the numbers you listed I only recognized 3 of the soaps, and you chose one of them. The turn over in this box sounds like it working famously. :thumbup:

Hello friends,

The box is scheduled to arrive Thursday.

USPS tracking # 9114901230803180013228
Insured for $300. Ins label # VG864499617US

Though a signature was required for delivery both for me and BenO, the box was just left on both our doorsteps with no signature given. I enquired about this at the post office. They said that a delivery with no signature was impossible. The postal clerk told me that with the insurance amount of this package, a signature would definitely be required, and that I need not purchase extra signature confirmation.

Warm regards,

Lane
(bach_rocks)

Last edited:
Thanks, Rob.

The Synergy is the Cavendish scent, but it smells like vanilla, or at least baked goodies, to my nose. Yes, the Cella is in the red tub (classic). Re: the turnover in the box, I could tell that each item in the box was selected with great care and that the intent of our founder (that the box not become a graveyard for stuff no one likes) is still alive and well. Congratulations, gentlemen!

Warm regards,

Lane
(bach-rocks)

Nice choices! The Synergy never seems to last long.

Demaskee - Box Originated
Maxzoran - (Synergy: Cavendish & Mystic Water: Marrakesh)
coryforsenate - (Vintage Williams Tonsorial, Mike's Naturals: Peppermint & Rosemary, RazoRock: Bee's Knees)
Kotton - (MWF & RazoRock XX)
Corsair66 - (3P Italian Soft Soap, MWF & Yeti Snot)
archimedes5044 - (QCS Vostok & Pre de Province)
SilentTuba - (Institut Karite, Mike's: Orange, Cedarwood, & Black Pepper, Stirling: Black Cherry, Stirling: Spice sample)
cpacamper - (40 - La Toya Stick, 53 - Valobra Stick, 38 - RazoRock Nonno Michelino: Intense Sandalwood)
justadivebum - (26 - Tabac, 49 - Mystic Water: Rosalimone, Sterling Clubman sample)
duderubble - (Un-numbered Geo F. Trumper: Eucris, 93 - Cella)
CJames - (18 - Prairie Creations: Walters Lemon, 104 - St. Charles Soap: Sugar & Fig)
Androidad75 (8 - Province Sante: Green Tea, 14 - Prairie Creations: Walters Leather, 105 - St. Charles Soap: Bay Rum, 107 - St. Charles Soap: Mochaccino)
OKAllen - (93 - Cella, 193 - Petal Pusher Fancies: Ciderhouse 5, 106 - St. Charles Soap: Refined, Sterling Clubman Sample)
SyntheticEvil13 - (88 - Czech & Speake: 88, 155 HTGAM/Synergy: Cavendish)
jpmess - (20 - Ogallala: Lime & Peppercorn Bay Rum, 36 - Stirling: Lime, 136 - RazoRock: XX)
MrSmith - (Valorbra: Menthol, 100 - AoS: Sandalwood, 42H - Mama Bears: Honeysuckle, 103 - TOBS Lavender)
waldo_phill - (42SW - Mamma Bears: Spellbound Woods, 61 - Stirling: Glacial, 102 - LA Shaving Soap: Unscented, 105 - St Charles Soap: Bay Rum, PIF - C&E: Unknown scent (pretty sure is a sandalwood)
ashcampbell - (22 - RazoRock: Third Eye Sandalwood, 25 - Stirling: Clubman X2, 31 - RazoRock: Inauguration)
Dantheman - (Didn't make any selections, but still generously donated to the box. Do they make XL flatrates??)
BenO - (101 - LA Shaving Soap: Unscented, 152 - The Handlebar: Caribbean Snow, 154 - Pirate Cove Shaving Soap: Cucumber & Melon)
bach_rocks - (80 - Stirling: black cumin and orange, 111 - Cella, 112 - Synergy: Cavendish)
SaintAndrewsAlumnus - On Deck
oteixeira
shubes
pyro
Demaskee

NOTE: This pass is currently full. There will be room in a second pass coming in a month or so.

At Orlando's encouragement :) I went back and read the rules, which indeed state that I'm supposed to post a pic of my choices from the box and send a picture of my contribution to Jason.

I can barely turn on the computer, though I can play a mean piano. I do have a smart phone, which baffles me frequently, but I know that it will take a picture. How do I get the picture from my phone posted online?

Warm regards,

Lane
(bach_rocks)

Don't feel bad Lane, I am pretty sure my phone is smarter then me at this point. I think you will need to get the picture from your phone to a computer (or email to one of us) and that is how it can get uploaded to the board.

At Orlando's encouragement :) I went back and read the rules, which indeed state that I'm supposed to post a pic of my choices from the box and send a picture of my contribution to Jason.

I can barely turn on the computer, though I can play a mean piano. I do have a smart phone, which baffles me frequently, but I know that it will take a picture. How do I get the picture from my phone posted online?

Warm regards,

Lane
(bach_rocks)

Send the pictures to your email, access email from computer, copy or download the pictures to your computer - save them somewhere you can find again, come to B&B, make a new post using the "Go Advanced" button after hitting reply, there is an attachment button - hover your mouse over each button until you see attachment - look for the button with a paperclip.

Or ...

You can text me the picture(s) and I'll get it squared away. I can PM you my number if thats the way you'd like to go. :001_smile

Hey Everyone,

Lane (back-rocks) sent me the picture of his picks last night, so without further delay, here they are!!! :001_tt1:

full

Last edited by a moderator:
The Box has arrived here in Texas. I will not be able to really get into it until this weekend, but looking over everything there are some nice soaps in here.

Of note, #24-Sample Only, looks like the outer container has shattered. The inner container is still perfectly intact and there is no spillage that I can see. I may ask Jason if he wants me to relabel-and chuck the plastic bits. It looks like this may or may not have happened previous to this posting as the outer shards were carefully wrapped within the bag with 24, may have just occurred that way.

Of note, #24-Sample Only, looks like the outer container has shattered. The inner container is still perfectly intact and there is no spillage that I can see. I may ask Jason if he wants me to relabel-and chuck the plastic bits. It looks like this may or may not have happened previous to this posting as the outer shards were carefully wrapped within the bag with 24, may have just occurred that way.

The container arrived at my place shattered on the outside, but the inside container was still intact with the lid. I tried to fit the inner container into another plastic one, but it wouldn't fit, so I wrapped up the pieces and sent it to you. I'm glad it arrived as intact as could be expected.

Warm regards,

Lane

Holy mackerel! Looks like I'm a few weeks away! Been so busy with a new baby and a new house, been forgetting to check back here....time has definitely evaded me. After reading all of your reviews, I'm feeling pretty excited about trying some new software, and also adding my 2 of my absolute favorite soaps (I really hope they aren't already in there, I won't know what to do then). Great choices everyone...wish I could try them all.

Top Bottom