What's new

So, how do YOU apply your Cologne/EdT?

Atomizer? Splash? Finger-technique? What is your favorite application method for cologne/EdT and how much do you typically apply?

If an atomizer, then a spray on the chest and a light-as-possible spray on the wrist if it's a weaker cologne. Something stronger, one spritz on the chest is fine. If possible, sometimes I'll dab a stronger cologne on the wrists instead of spritzing it.

If it's splash, I'll dab on the wrists and at the base of the neck.

Splash on the chest and shoulders, rubbed in with the wrists. Or a spritz if its got an atomiser, to the chest. Prefer splashes though- more control.

Depends entirely on the scent. Sometime I spray into the air and walk through. Most of the scents I enjoy are "light" so I'll spray once each side of neck and once top of chest. If it's a splash the approach is the same just I dab it on. I tried the wrist thing but it didn't work for me.

I read somewhere that your scent should not enter the room before you and should not linger after you leave. I personally like to go with less but feel this is a good rule of thumb.

One spray to that spot where my neck and collarbones meet.

I don't own any splash bottles. in fact, most of my bottles are decants at this point, and it'll take years before I need to buy more.

Just one concentrated spray to my wrist, then rub with my other wrist and then dab with my wrists the two areas under my ears.

With this technique, a small bottle can last a very long time.

What everyone said. Some EDTs and colognes are more pungent so you should experiment to see what's best for your particular scents.

Atomizer, and anywhere from three sprays to my torso to one spray out in front of me and walk through (SCS bay rum w/ twist).

For me, it depends on the Cologne/EdT.

The only two I have at the moment are Acqua di Gio and Crabtree & Evelyn's Sandlewood; both of which have an atomizer (which I prefer).

W/ the Armani, it is a spray in the front, a swooping spray over the top and back, and a squirt on the wrist, rubbed on the other one, and then both dried by rubbing them on the back of my ears (in similar fashion as one trying to pull down a winter hat w/out hands LOL).

Same w/ the C&E, but 3 sprays, then wrists.

I enjoy scents and/or applications of scents where only those in intimate vacinity can detect them, and the two I have so far do a great job.

Two half sprays on either side of my lower neck and a quarter spray on each wrist, slightly rubbed together. Dont rub too hard or you'll "bruise" the cologne. :rolleyes:

I have the same question. I just received my B&B decants of C&S #88, Tam Dao and Havana. I haven't tried them yet, waiting for a special evening, but having sampled the air upon opening them I think Tam Dao will be very fine for me. Havana smelled intriguing and new for me, but the #88 smelled a little ... overbearing? Actually, I'm not sure how to describe it other than to say I'm a little apprehensive about applying it to myself.

I have the same question. I just received my B&B decants of C&S #88, Tam Dao and Havana. I haven't tried them yet, waiting for a special evening, but having sampled the air upon opening them I think Tam Dao will be very fine for me. Havana smelled intriguing and new for me, but the #88 smelled a little ... overbearing? Actually, I'm not sure how to describe it other than to say I'm a little apprehensive about applying it to myself.

#88 is a cold night scent. I don't see it as very suitable for any other time.

1 Spray either on the chest, or in the air and walk through. Either way, it's still stronger than most aftershaves and still is subtle enough not to offend most.

I've recently changed up my application a bit and no longer spray my neck as it was a bit too in yo face! for my wife's taste. The last few days, I've been spraying once to the chest and once in the crook of each elbow. Contrary to my prior belief, this has not had a negative impact on my personal enjoyment/sillage...in fact, I think it's improved it. In addition to that, I'm not bowling my wife over with a fume cloud emanating from my neck.

Consider me an arm application believer now.

Top Bottom