What's new

My homemade 8/8 smiley

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Vic used to know how to make a good blade. Now he's gone all cheap on us and keeps cutting more and more steel out of his blades to hide away and reuse so he doesn't have to buy more stock. Man, oh man, what are things coming to? :lol:

Man that's beautiful! I can't wait to start pretending that I know how to forge steel!
Thanks jKyro. Pretending is as good of a way to start as any. I've learned an awful lot since I started.

Vic used to know how to make a good blade. Now he's gone all cheap on us and keeps cutting more and more steel out of his blades to hide away and reuse so he doesn't have to buy more stock. Man, oh man, what are things coming to? :lol:
Razors are one of the things that fall into the 'less is more' philosophy. Well, for my taste anyway. Nothing wrong with a heavy grind if that's what you like.

Edit; Just wanted to add that I know that Sam's comment is 'tongue in cheek' and was taken that way.

Last edited:

Bluesman's razors have progressed fantastically up the evolutionary scale from the Neanderthalithic wedge like things some enjoy. ymmv

Bluesman's razors have progressed fantastically up the evolutionary scale from the Neanderthalithic wedge like things some enjoy. ymmv
Thanks Larry. There is a definite evolution in my razors when I lay them out chronologically.

I just shaved with "Purple Haze" this morning and it shaves like a dream. There might be something to this double belly grind. I had always just assumed that it was an artifact of the wheel size progression used to grind the hollow.

Victor,
It was awesome to watch your progress on your razors... Thanks for sending me the link to this and for everything you have taught me recently... I appreciate everything you're really a great guy!

Victor,
It was awesome to watch your progress on your razors... Thanks for sending me the link to this and for everything you have taught me recently... I appreciate everything you're really a great guy!

Thanks for the kind words Fonz. It was great meeting you at the micro-meet. I'm sure we will be seeing a lot of each other in the future.

I have donated my first razor to the 'Saint' Sue Moore Auction.
$DSCN1102.jpg

Fantastically thoughtful, bluesman!

If you look carefully, I think you can actually see Sue in those scales! lol ​

A while back SHM asked to see a group shot of my razors. I finally got around to it.
$group shot (2).jpg
The one I call "Toxic" (upper left) has been donated to the Saint Sue Action Oct 19."Purple Haze" is going to a new home today and "Turquoise" will be coming back in it's place. The other one not shown resides with RockViper.

Nice! You gonna etch some days of the week on the spines?
I have a shadow box type storage system that hangs on the bedroom wall that is made to hold seven razors and I do use my razors in a seven day rotation. Though the makeup of 'the seven' does mutate over time as razors come and go so I think the day etch would be restricting. I am a creature of habit, but I don't want my habits carved in stone.

Top Bottom