What's new

Many many straights do you have/use and what is your favorite?

I can keep loading pics but I think you get the idea. And this doesn't cover all the advertising I have,, or strops,, or creams,soaps, AS , Colognes, etc...as well as memorabilia.

I could swear I saw one razor in two different pictures.

Must be all suspect now ;)
Probably, I was just grabbing pics but then again how many Goldedges are there, W&Bs,, count the Spikes and that's not all I have.There are more framebacks, Unions, etc. but I'm losing track. One day I'll update this for you.

OOps forgot another 7 day set and of course the ones I made along with some other recent buys. And the double bladed Whale boned hand painted etched razor from the Marquis de Goullaine certified by the French Heritage Collection.

Attachments

• $IMG_4406.jpg
    $IMG_4406.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 185
  • $IMG_2159.JPG
    $IMG_2159.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 186
  • $IMG_2203.JPG
    $IMG_2203.JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 186
  • $IMG_4754.jpg
    $IMG_4754.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 186
  • $IMG_4694.jpg
    $IMG_4694.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:
That's enough for now. I'm getting tired. And I have to continue on the new carved Ivory before Seraphim really busts my chops!

Last edited:
O.......M.......G. Just, yeah. Wow. What a collection. Are you trying to corner the market?

Some truly special razors in there.

never counted em,perhaps 50 or sixty. The favorite most used is 7/8 W&B fine India Steel heavy wedge. Doc honed it over a year ago and i occasionally strop it. Shaves like goin thru hot budda.:thumbup1:

North of 100, but counting is a bad thing in my house. A for favorite, that's tough. My favorite(s) are generally one's with sentimental association. Restored by a friend, found locally on a nice day out with the family, gifts fom the wife, custom order, etc.

Too many great shavers out there.

How many? No idea.

I often asked ^^^^^ and when he answered he doesnt know, I thought he must be crazy how can someone not know. I know now how you dont know-LOL

Favorite shaver? My fili 14. Which one? All of them

Last edited:
No, you're safe. I never buy on eBay.

If I were to offer you $10K would you take it for your entire collection? :p I'm not offering just wondering what the magic number would be. You don't have to answer and I don't expect you to take this question seriously.

Mike H

Instagram Famous
25 shave ready razors, handful more in various states of restoration.
I sold the two kamisoris.

But only 4 in rotation at the moment;
7/8 Wostenholm, 13/16 Frederick Reynolds, 6/8 Gold Dollar, 5/8 Dovo Astrale, + (Feather AC)

$IMG_4328.jpg

Doubt it. A bundle price is usually much less that's why I usually buy in bulk lots. There are a few in there that I have turned down some serious offers ( $600+) Selling off at an arbitrary price is say $50.00 ( for am original solid MOP W&B? )a blade would double that number. And the DEs with some that are in there means I'd have to be desperate for cash. I'm not even considering all the other advertising and assorted memorabilia I have as well.
my running joke I use as an excuse when buying stuff I say to my wife. "Well you know, I could always sell a piece or two and cover my costs"
She just laughs and says " yeah, like that will ever happen"

Well now you got me thinking about this. Considering the price for a resto, many of the pieces I do go to commercial sites where they have no trouble moving them at $200+ ea . So if I back that number down to a conservative price of $100 a blade just the 25 ivories, the 30 or so W&Bs would get 5 grand or so. And like I said I've been offered 6 X that number for a variety of the blades.
minus just these examples that leaves over 350 more blades of various
price points.
Wow, how did this get so out of hand and escalate to this in just 3 years?
Hmmmm, don't let my wife see this post or my next one will be from Paris courtesy of W&B's.

Last edited:
Aww it won't work guys. Over lunch I was reading the posts to her. When I got to my last post I WAS INSPIRED for some reason to see if there are any razors in France.

Top Bottom