What's new

Forget scent, what's the most effective aftershave you know

Most effective -- there are many products like "Lubiderm For Men" which are not designed as grooming products or for scent, but only to sooth, condition, and improve the skin. Lubiderm does this. Its great in the winter. I does't offer that 'bracing' feel that I love from a Aqua Velva nor does it have a nice lingering scent of any sort. Also, you apply it and it sits there on your face. But talk about effective! It feels great and really produces results over time. Its a great, and really, really, really cheap product.

Since I use alum and a balm when necessary, I don't really need those characteristics in an AS, so for me the most effective AS is Osage Rub. Man I love the quick alcohol burn then that fantastic face freeze.

Since I use alum and a balm when necessary, I don't really need those characteristics in an AS, so for me the most effective AS is Osage Rub. Man I love the quick alcohol burn then that fantastic face freeze.

This gift me to break out the Osage this morning after my shave. Might do it again tomorrow.

For me Proraso White and TOBS AS gel; just tried AoS lavender ASB and had a significant reaction for the first time, so maybe lavender is out as an aftershave for me in the future...:huh:

If you don't care about scent The Gentleman's Refinery is about as good as it gets. Not saying it smells bad, just doesn't make you go "wow'l

Also, Kyovu by B&M is also another amazing performer.

The OP didn't really define "effective."

Effective as in tightening, and "the burn means it's working" would be covered by Pinaud VIBR or Captain's Choice Cat of Nine Tails.
Effective as in moisturizing would be a hand cream, or my favorite, Neutrogena Triple Protect, which really soothes sun/wind burn and has an SPF30.
The Neutrogena being unscented is a big plus for those who work in "fragrance free" businesses.

Splash I really like Poraso Green and Stirlings Lemon Chill.

Balm, Tabac and GFT Coral Skin food provide great moisturizing and face feel.

DR Harris Sandalwood AS Splash and MWF lotion.

Been through about 12 samples from Garry's and 6 bottles from local stores.. Still cannot find the right AS for me.
So I look to you.

Lets put scent aside. What aftershaves do u know of that really get the job done.. Toned, tight, and smooth (sounds bad:thumbup: )

So far, the noticeable effect on my skin has been Speick. I don't really know what ingredients lead to what effects, but I'm lookiand for results, rather than a lovely scent. If best of both worlds exist. I'm up for that too.

Ideas..?

Myrsol Agua Balsamica
Acqua di Parma aftershave splash (discontinued)

I was gonna try Myrsol Emulsion but saw it contains parabens.

Top Bottom