What's new

B-Day present to a soldier

Greetings gents,
My brother is currently serving with the National Guard in Afghanistan. He is a fan of wet shaving, and unfortunately, he was unable to bring any of his stuff with. His birthday is 11/16, so I decided to create a somewhat disposable starter kit in case he can't bring the stuff home when he returns in June. I'm so proud of my kit that I had to show it off! Shipped it out on Wednesday, so he should be getting it soon. If you guys think I may have missed something let me know. I intentionally avoided placing a boar brush and alcohol based after shave in the kit. I'm not sure how long the badger knot on that brush will last, but it was the only badger I had. Have a great day guys, I hope you think it's as awesome as I do!

Attachments

• $Robbie Gift.jpg
    $Robbie Gift.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 196
Last edited by a moderator:
That was a wonderful thing for you to do! When I would receive a care package from my family when I was in "Nam, I got very excited and could not wait to open it and see all of the goodies. It means so very much when you are away in a hostile environment.

The only thing he shouldn't be able to bring home is liquids. And we tended to not mind leaving stuff with our replacements, so send what you want, as you see fit. How he'll deal with liquids will be based partially on the command climate he has to deal with, and his living arrangements. Aftershaves? May be just the ticket for Man-Love Thursdays.

I'll just say that I got all kinds of liquids shipped to me, on all my trips. On one trip, I was dry for five weeks out of 15 months, because one package arrived in poor shape. It arrived to me, through my chain of command, in a zip locked garbage bag, containing a very aromatic, soggy box. No postal inspectors visited the sender.

Very awesome indeed! I know when I was away from home, just getting a letter made my day. Getting a care package, such as that, would have made my whole year. He is lucky to have a brother like you.

Good man! He's luckiy to have a brother like you.
As stated above, the Gold Bond is a real treat in itself.
Please thank him for his service; it's much appreciated.

Greetings gents,
My brother is currently serving with the National Guard in Afghanistan. He is a fan of wet shaving, and unfortunately, he was unable to bring any of his stuff with. His birthday is 11/16, so I decided to create a somewhat disposable starter kit in case he can't bring the stuff home when he returns in June. I'm so proud of my kit that I had to show it off! Shipped it out on Wednesday, so he should be getting it soon. If you guys think I may have missed something let me know. I intentionally avoided placing a boar brush and alcohol based after shave in the kit. I'm not sure how long the badger knot on that brush will last, but it was the only badger I had. Have a great day guys, I hope you think it's as awesome as I do!

You, sir, are to be commended! It is the creature comforts that are missed the most. This present will make him feel human again. And let me tell you, that is a lot!

Thanks so much everyone! He got it today, and had to message me on Facebook that he was very excited!

Top Bottom