What's new

Platinum 3776 vs Danitrio Cum Laude

Would appreciate your advice on which of these 2 pens to pursue. What can you tell me about the nuances of each? I have a MB Starwalker Doue, a TWSBI on order, and would like an another excellent pen for everyday writing. I'm also retraining myself to use my left hand to write. When I was a kid (and a lefty) I ripped my hand up and lost fine skill with it. I can grip the pen easily, just the last 2 fingers are limited. Another point for me is that I would like the pen to use a converter so I can interchange inks.

The Platinum and Danitrio where chosen here based upon the Forum notes in The Nib. Trying to keep things at $100 (SWMBO is nearly over my wet shaving purchases). Are there others to consider? Thanks for your thoughts.

I have the Danitrio and it's an excellent pen. My only caveat is that it's quite large. If that's no problem (or a plus for you), then go for it!

It depends on what you're expecting from a nib. If you're after a music nib (big stub) or a soft fine nib (semi-flex), I'd say go for the 3776 Century. If you're just looking for a good fine or medium nib in a nice pen, I think the Danitrio is the better value, considering its grip section is ebonite and the barrel/cap are celluloid. The 3776 is molded plastic.

-Andy

Top Bottom