What's new

Showing off the goods

As some may remember, I bought a lot of four "vintage" straights off ebay last week. These represent my first foray into straights, and I think I did OK.

First off is a Pakistani. Pretty much a throwaway, or something to open beer cans with at this point. Totally needs the bevel reset, and even then may be useless.

Second off is a Wausten 217. Fairly large, would say in the 7/8 range. edge is badly beaten up, will probably lose about 1/16 inch due to someone using it as a chew toy for angry beavers. Has a star mark on the back, I cant completely make out

Going a bit further upscale, is this Diamond, Appears to be made for John Barber Supply Company in Baltimore. Its a smaller razor, probably about 5/8 or maybe a bit smaller. Will clean up good. I think. Edge has no major issues that I can see off hand.

Crown jewel is this Craftsman however. Made by GRS, it has no major edge issues, and should hone up real nice. Scales are in good shape as well. the box does leave something to be desired, but adds a bit of allure to the piece.

Im probably going to get the Craftsman and the Diamond off to a Honemeister here soon, and then start actually using them. The Wausten Ill work on a bit myself to try and get the edge to come around. the Paki, well, that's a plaything and will be used for practice most likely. all in all 3/4 aint too bad, with fully 1/2 being nearly good to go, and the other just needing some TLC.

Last edited:
Top Bottom