What's new

Movember 2013

Legion

Staff member

Come one, come all!

Another year has passed, and we once again find ourselves in... Movember!. The month where all we manly men choose to grow a Mo, to show the world that we can, but also to raise awareness and money to fight prostate cancer, testicular cancer and male depression.

We, the mighty men of B&B, will be doing our part once again to help this worthy cause.

Last year $147 million was raised - B&B members played a small part in that, and I'm sure we will be able to do even more this year. It is time to Mo up, gentlemen.

The attack will be in three stages.

Step one. Go to the Movember website and sign up. The US site can be found here, and the World site can be found here.
We even have a B&B team you can join here, where you can feel the camaraderie of your B&B brothers as your facial foliage takes shape.

Step two. Start asking, begging, pestering and pan-handling to get everyone you know to sponsor your heroic Mo growing efforts. Don't be shy. The more people you ask, the less you will have to explain the new caterpillar on your top lip.

Step three. Start growing.

:euro:

And if you are one of the unlucky few who are unable to go for the Mo grow this month, do not despair. You can still do your part. Simply go to the B&B teams page and donate anything you can. Every bit helps, and with so many generous folks here in the Internet's #1 site for wet shaving and gentlemanly pursuits, I know we can make a big difference to men's health awareness. Support B&B, support Movember, and support yourselves.

As an added incentive the team here at B&B are offering a little something extra to participants. Once registered, start taking photos of your Mo and posting them here. At the end of the month I will put up a poll, and the membership can vote for the very best/worst Mo (in this situation they amount to the same thing). Bonus points will be given for any fantastic insults, sledging or abuse you cop from your partners, family, work colleagues and friends who can't handle your awesomeness, so keep us posted on those as well. The winner will get a bonus prize, courtesy of the B&B team.

Godspeed Gentlemen. Fortune favours the Mo.

From the Movember US Website.

Campaign Strategy & Goals:
We will get men to grow moustaches and the community to support them by creating an innovative, fun and engaging annual Movember campaign that results in: • Funds for men's health program investment
• Conversations about men's health that lead to:
- Greater awareness and understanding of the health risks men face
- Men taking action to remain well
- When men are sick they know what to do and take action

Program Goals:
Living with and Beyond Cancer
Men living with prostate or testicular cancer have the care needed to be physically and mentally well.

Staying Mentally Healthy, Living with and Beyond Mental Illness
• Men are mentally healthy and take action to remain well
• When men experience mental illness they take action early
• Men are not treated differently when they experience a mental illness

Men's Health Research
We will fund innovative research that builds powerful, collaborative teams that accelerate:
• Improved clinical tests and treatments for prostate and testicular cancer
• Improved physical and mental health outcomes for men

Last edited by a moderator:
Can we start a network again too like we did last year? I'm already on a team for work but would would definitely join the network.

Wish I had seen the B&B team before joining up at work, but still, all goes to a great cause.

How come no one has mentioned the related Sean Connery phrase yet?

I moustache you a question..... :a49::a49::a49::a49:

It's the end of the first week of Movember, and here's my progress so far. It looks horrible, but this is fun!

proxy.php

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
No shaving at all for me. Just touched up the lines with a GEM Micromatic SE

I'll admit I started about 2 weeks before November 1st. Just because I was lazy for an entire week and figured heck might as well keep it going.

I have many leather bound books and my home smells of rich mahogany

Last edited:
If others are sharing their dodgy looking face-fuzz (no offense!) I might as well do the same. Here's me after 6 days:

Edit: Not sure why it's showing at that angle on here. It displays OK on my phone and computer...

Attachments

• $6days.jpg
    $6days.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:
Top Bottom